HoboFactory

Making nonsense from the constitution

Has anyone else made the same observations??

In the name of national security in times of terror threat, the Bush administration has placed limits on the first amendment (freedom of speech) and the right to privacy for example the Patriot Act the FBI and CIA can listen into phone conversations, read emails, view your medical records, and so on without probable cause or the authorization of a judge as was required before. The logic behind that is that terrorists may be speaking to each other making plans so best limit freedom of speech so they can't say much and get away with it.

At the same time the conservatives are extremely protective of the 2nd amendment (the right to bear arms), for example Bush's disinterest in renewing the ban on assualt weapons in September.

Is it just my thinking or wouldn't having the right to bear arms be of more benefit to terrorists than freedom of speech. I mean it seems like the attitude here is let me buy all the grenade launchers and submachineguns I want but heaven forbid I badmouth Bush.

Edit: spelling

Edited by HoboFactory

well in theory anywhere in the "free" world they can be monitering you phone conversations...that thing the NSA has at fort mead...uh echelon (sp)...which has other stations in europe and even in Canada

big brother is watching

The BC government is making it illegal for American companies working there to give personal info to the Patriot Act cops. For fun, mention the word 'oil' on the phone to get your conversation recorded, then talk with the other person about buying wire guided missles and blowing up airliners.

"so them OIL companies are outrageous...and the way they change them, its like TERRORIST ACTIVITIES...it just makes me want to BLOW UP you know...i would KILL for low GAS prices...what im paying right now is MURDER...it might just be easier to DO AWAY WITH my car..."

they could, anton, of course they could... they pass these laws against privacy as easy as they invade a country like Irak just for oil and money... the Bush administration can do whatever illegal action they want because they have - unfortunately - the power... and the power rules, kills, controls...

I know Pavel...thats why i wrote it...i did a little research on echelon (sp?) and what i have typed there would be flagged and sent to some NSA officers desk...eventually he would decide it was harmless, but only after picking over the words and listening to the conversation...

anyone want to compose a phone conversation with me and actually play it out?

I don't even know what to say...while I agree with the main idea, I am not anti-gun...augh! Conflict!

As for the government seeing this, it's quite possible. In addition to Echeleon, they (FBI I believe...) have already installed a monitoring system on several major ISPs called 'DCS1000' (Formerly 'Carnivore') which watches for questionable content.

KILL PRESIDENT BOMB HOUSE WHITE WTC TERROR!

That should keep 'em busy for a while.

Edited by Sparq