Boond

Video/Computer games

I should never have sold my SNES. and I could be off about that mask because I haven't played Majora's for a long while. It was a mask that turned you into a different form of link during boss fights, that I know for sure.

i missed wind waker, what with my xbox-ness...so i had to get my looooong fantasy game fix from the elder scrolls 3: morrowind...that has to be the longest game ever made...it took 5 years to make...and it is so goood!!!

I'm currently enjoying WWE Day of Reckoning, along with a slew of Genesis games. I'm also anticipating the game flood that is coming over the next month, which should keep me knee deep in things to review for a while. I'm also loving Xbox Live. My Gamertag is MGFanJay, for those interested.

Edited by Jay

im having trouble trying to find a copy of BGE to rent...it was my goal for this summer...

and Eli, might i suggest that when you purchase Morrowind, if you do so for an xbox, you obtain the "Game of the Year Edition" as it has the Mournhold and Blood Moon expansions...which are great fun..and add another 20 hours or so to the game

I haven't played in a year at least...I haven't played online much at all recently.

Shooters are my game. The only one I can honestly say I am very good at is Team Fortress Classic. Then to a lesser extent Counter-Strike, Day Of Defeat, Unreal tournament, UT 2k3/4, and Ghost Recon.

By the way, if you're looking for a good tactical shooter, Ghost Recon Gold is cheap these days...and is the best squad based tactical shooter I have ever played.

i dont like tactical shooters...no room for error...

Yeah...quicksave is your friend, but of course that detracts from realism. Ghost Recon I liked more than most tactical shooters partly because it takes place mostly in outdoor settings. They tend to be more forgiving than close combat. Also, I liked the dynamic command system where you direct other squads in-game instead of giving them a preset plan before the mission starts.

Though overall...I am much better at arcade-style shooters with less realism, hence TFC and UT.

Edited by Sparq

Threat indicator gives a basic idea, but I know what you mean...I guess you might say it adds to the realism. Nothing like a little confusion to turn a controlled firefight into a disaster.

Something I noticed. Squad AI is actually quite detailed. It seems like they just follow you and shoot any hostiles they see, but I have actually been shot by a member of my own team. I ran out of the room through one door and entered through another. So try not to startle your squad, or they may just kill you.

Recently I really enjoyed playing co-op missions with 16 or so people on the hardest difficulty. I played an Island Thunder expansion mission probably 20 times one afternoon before we finally managed to win. Good times.

Edited by Sparq

real players are so much better than squad AI though...and it is freaking hard to find where they are shooting from Ghost Recon... everything is green, including them...yet they always seem to know where you are....its most frustrating...

i am also far better ar arcade shooters....halo anyone?

Ah...Halo. I'm not good at Halo. I hold my own most of the time, but I only excel when I get a Scorpion tank.

Though, like most games where my skills are mediocre at best (Halo, Counter-Strike) I make up for it by being a sneaky bastard. I'm not a camper, cheater or spawn killer or anything, but generally I use tactics that can only be described as 'unorthodox'.

Also...I can only really play it on PC. I am simply terrible at anything where I have to use console controls, especially shooters. I need the mouse.

Edited by Sparq