trevezel

Matthew Good To Europe ?

Back when Matthew Good Band was still together, they did at least one show in Germany. Unfortunately, the band isn't together anymore and even if they still were, there probably aren't enough fans in Europe to break even :(

I know we are not many fans in Europe, but I would die to have him touring somewhere in Europe... not necessarily in Spain, I would travel anywhere in Europe just to experience a concert for the first time in my life...

Big MG fan here residing in the UK. I've wondered why he never does any smaller shows in the UK, especially in London as there's a venue called the Borderline which is perfect for the sort of things Matt does.

Thinking about it doesnt Warne Livesey have a studio in London where he mixed some of Matts albums with him there?

Would have though that would have been a prime opportunity

Ooooh this makes I a happy camper. I didn't think this week could get any better than it was already due to getting my first flat without having to share and now this, time for Hospital Music to be unpacked and played in celebration.

Actually, a new disc of my favourite songs is being released in other markets in the new year and I will be over in Europe doing promo and maybe playing acoustically. No definite dates or anything, but that's the word.

This may be a dumb question but an album of your favourite songs of yours or in general? I'm asking since you played Motorway to Roswell acoustically recently.

It probably won't be just Europe, Australia will probably be in there too at some point. I haven't got a definite list of countries in Europe as of yet, but the UK is obviously at the top of that list for personal reasons. The US is also included in the list of countries. That said, I'll most likely be playing acoustic shows probably next February sometime in Europe, as it would be pointless to just do press. London at least, I'd imagine. if it turns out that it's only London in the UK, I promise those of you that might travel from other parts of the Isles a dedicated performance - meaning I'll play a while and will most certainly hang out and meet folks afterwards. Same goes for Germany or wherever else. I find it pretty funny that I'm 41 and actually now have a label that's dedicated to giving it a go. It may very well produce nothing, but at least they're willing to try and make it a priority. You'll also probably see at least two videos for the next record made as well.

As for the list of songs on the disc for foreign territories, I had complete control over the choices. Yes, i listened to some advice, so Strange Days is on there and i think the live version of Load Me Up. But so is Rabbits, Giant, Avalanche, Non Populus, etc. It's by no means reflective of In A Coma at all - which, with the exception of Rooms, and a way for people to get the Lo-Fi stuff, was a complete waste of time in my opinion.

Thanks for indirectly answering ;-)

The live version of Load Me Up will it be the one that Christian played on or a more recent version?

That reminds me, I remember you said you were never fond of the riff on Load Me Up which is why Christian played it differently. I preferred the latter as well. Why did you go back to the original?

London at least, I'd imagine. if it turns out that it's only London in the UK, I promise those of you that might travel from other parts of the Isles a dedicated performance - meaning I'll play a while and will most certainly hang out and meet folks afterwards. Same goes for Germany or wherever else.

That's great, I only expected London anyway. It's often a given that it's London for overseas bands (I know it is for Pearl Jam, in any case).

Actually, a new disc of my favourite songs is being released in other markets in the new year and I will be over in Europe doing promo and maybe playing acoustically. No definite dates or anything, but that's the word.

Any plans for a full length concert on DVD? Saw your acoustic show in Peterborough and it was incredible, would love to watch something like that over and over again (without following you across the country that is).

It would be great, actually!!!

Good news.

"Given fan requests, we’re looking at adding a second show on the 9th at a different venue. It might be a little smaller than the venue on the 8th, so if it happens, and you want to ensure you get tickets, please keep checking back for updates."