Guest Idioteque

Upcoming Concerts

I've never made it to OLP either! So stoked! My show is next friday!

just got back from seeing OLP. AMAZING SHOW.

I met the band after the show. Raine Maida is a very cool dude. What a night!

Yes! I had a great time also, and picked up one of those sweet "Superman's Dead" T-Shirts. Lots of hits ...was a bit bummed that there was no Naveed at the first Toronto show, but there were so many others, I shouldn't be picky!

• Upvote 1

Soooooo this is a bit different. I'm seeing Nobuo Uematsu and the Distant Worlds Philharmonic Orchestra on January 28th in Newark, NJ. Uematsu, of course, was the longtime composer for the Final Fantasy video game series. They will be playing an evening of Final Fantasy tunes. I missed my opportunity to see this in Brooklyn 5 years ago and they do not come around often. Looking forward to it!

Edited by Gomo

Interesting. I've never heard of this musician before, and I know nothing about Final Fantasy video game series. I don't play video games. I do like orchestra music though.

I was intrigued, so I took a peek at the tour dates. I see that he is playing my city in May. Do you highly recommend that I go see this concert?

54-40 on New Years Eve.

Edited by girl

I think I will take your advice and will attend at my own risk. :P Knowing absolutely nothing about it, I am be prepared to be blown away.

Thanks for telling me about it.

Soooooo this is a bit different. I'm seeing Nobuo Uematsu and the Distant Worlds Philharmonic Orchestra on January 28th in Newark, NJ. Uematsu, of course, was the longtime composer for the Final Fantasy video game series. They will be playing an evening of Final Fantasy tunes. I missed my opportunity to see this in Brooklyn 5 years ago and they do not come around often. Looking forward to it!

Since I have only scored front row tickets at a concert venue two times in my lifetime, I decided to go for it. I will be sitting in the VIP front row. VIP ticket-holders will have the opportunity to meet conductor Arnie Roth after the concert in an exclusive signing event. I'm not interested in the signing event, because I'm not familiar with his music. Did you get VIP seats? If not and you want something signed by him, feel free to give me a shout. I can definitely do that for you if you want. It's after the concert.

Edited by girl

I am soo jealous! his melodies blow my mind, especially for FFV-FFVIII

Interesting. I've never heard of this musician before, and I know nothing about Final Fantasy video game series. I don't play video games. I do like orchestra music though.

I was intrigued, so I took a peek at the tour dates. I see that he is playing my city in May. Do you highly recommend that I go see this concert?

54-40 on New Years Eve.

If you like orchestra music, I think you will like it. Obviously having a strong connection to the songs (especially growing up listening to them) tilts my opinion heavily, but I think he is a genius. Its very lyrical in delivery and makes you feel the feels (again, strong opinion). I would youtube some of the original songs and give them a listen. It will give you an idea of what you will hear, and I always enjoy a concert more if at least some of the songs are recognizable

I followed your suggestion and watched some youtube videos. I especially like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1k9S9g5hA

Wow. The lady singing from 1:19:29 to 1:29:36 has the voice of an angel. I love her voice. Her name is Angela Aki and she sang Eyes on Me and Kiss Me Good-Bye. Arnie Roth was the conductor, so I got a little sneak preview. I'm looking forward to it.  :)

As is Toronto!

Next few months:

MG twice, Explosions in the Sky, Third Eye Blind and Silversun Pickups, Muse and Thirty Seconds to Mars, and Deftones/Rise Against

It'd be cool to see all those shows.  Never seen Deftones live before, but Rise Against has been underwhelming both times I've seen them in an arena show.  Metallica would be cool to see once.

Silversun Pickups is worth every penny to see live.

Absolutely. I saw them open for Snow Patrol about ten years ago!

It'd be cool to see all those shows.  Never seen Deftones live before, but Rise Against has been underwhelming both times I've seen them in an arena show.  Metallica would be cool to see once.

This will be my second time seeing Deftones. My girlfriend loves them mostly; they sound almost exactly like their recorded work. Very good live. Good to know about Rise Against ... more of a casual fan of theirs so if I get to hear "Swing Life Away" once it will be a good experience.

I somehow managed to nab a second row ticket for the Pixies at Massey Hall on September 30th!!!!! VERY EXCITED

I saw them once about fifteen years ago at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto with Weezer. They blew the doors off Weezer and despite the in ear monitor system crapping out during "Gouge Away" it was a pretty wicked experience.

This year is shaping up to be one of the best in terms of concerts. Toronto is getting treated, and in turn so am I.

So far I'm going to see...

Matt Good 3 nights at the Danforth

U2

Tom Petty

Kings Of Leon

Green Day

Pixies

Everclear just announced a show as well so I'm getting tickets for them on Friday. Never seen them, and they're touring for their So Much For The Afterglow record, which is one of my all time favourites,

I've seen Pixies a number of times and they're absolutely incredible, with either Paz or Kim playing bass. All the other shows aside from Matt Good I've never seen before, so this is very much me crossing a ton of bands off the list for me.

I was lucky enough to win a private show with Mother Mother earlier last month with a meet and greet, which was really cool. I was super happy about that because they're playing Massey Hall one of the nights that Matt is in town, so I couldn't go see them. Most of you I'm sure know how good they are since they toured with Matt, but they've since become one of my favourite bands. Their new album is fantastic, so anyone seeing them this year is in for a treat.

I considered going to see Incubus and Muse this summer, but I've already seen them, and my wallet is just not big enough for all the amazing shows this year. Plus, I have to put aside money to hopefully get Ricky Gervais tickets, and then I still haven't purchased all my blue jays tickets yet.

But yeah, it's going to be pretty amazing. I've held off on seeing a lot of bands and I know I should probably hurry before some of them stop touring.

Edited by jjazz