Guest Idioteque

Upcoming Concerts

Guest Idioteque

I'm really good friends with the old drummer of Bif Naked, and he knows alot of musicians. So i might get to go backstage at The Vogue for Devin Townsend (popular metal god).

So excited :)

Saw Brian Fallon (from The Gaslight Anthem) on Friday night.  It was a great concert.  He mostly played stuff from his current solo album, Painkillers, but did bust out some covers and some Horrible Crowes material.

He's a lot goofier that I imagined.  He talked a fair bit in between songs, talking about how he loved Canadian women's hair and how nicely styled it always is.  He even did a little Karma Chameleon.  He challenged the crowd that if we could finish the song he started, he would bust out something cool.  No one knew it though, because it was some Rihanna song.  

They finished with Behold the Hurricane, which is a solid Crowes song.  He actually stuck around after the band left and played a Gaslight song acoustic (The Navesink Banks).  That was awesome.

Overall, I'd recommend seeing him if you have the chance, even if you're not really that familiar with his solo stuff.  My brother wasn't, and he loved it as well.

Can't seem to imbed my tweet, but some video of Behold the Hurricane is on my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Mattdehoog/status/751618939537481729

I watched a clip of yesterday's Radiohead Summer Sonic Tokyo concert on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbwPhNbZf0 (the Radiohead excerpt starts at 9:30)

It makes me really want to see Radiohead now. They even played Creep! One of these days, it will happen for me...

I hope they add another western Canada date.

Edited by girl

If anyone is in or around the Hamilton area this weekend, The Reason are doing a couple of free things this weekend.  There's a free screening of their documentary on Thursday night.  It's basically about the struggles of being a semi-famous Canadian band, and follows them on a cross-country tour in 2012 or 2013.  They've been on hiatus since then, and this documentary looks really good.  Here's a link to an article that came out when they first showed the film.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/reason_explored_in_new_documentary

Also, a clip from the film:

https://www.facebook.com/thereason/videos/10157383455580223/

On Friday night, they're also playing a free show for Supercrawl in Hamilton.  They're playing at the Hamilton Airport at 9:15.

I've followed this band for probably 15 years, and they've always been one of my favourites.  Glad to see they're playing at least one more show.  Here's a link to one of my favourite songs, Come and Go:

https://youtu.be/2xclrQAMm5Q

Finally got a ticket to Our Lady Peace at TD Place (Ottawa) October 28th. I was originally going with someone, who still didn't have tickets yet, and didn't seem to have plans to buy them anytime soon and pickings were getting slimmer and slimmer. I gave up on waiting and just bought myself a ticket. TBH I enjoy going to concerts myself anyway. I wish I had ditched the idea of going with him earlier, cause now all the Floor (p1) and p2 tickets are gone. So I'll be kicking it in P3, section 17 row DD seat 11 solo. Can't wait though! I've never actually gotten to see Our Lady Peace before!

Cannot get a good seat and decent priced ticket for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Had a presale password and no good seats within 5 mins of trying. Tried the next day on regular public sale day, same thing.  They are all of course available on StubHub for 3x the price.  I can get some nose bleeds but I really wanted to sit close and was willing to pay box office price.  Certainly not the resale price.

For any concert in Buffalo I would hold off and wait for craigslist.  I had amazing tickets for the Pearl Jam show in 2013 for near $70 each.  Same with Our Lady Peace when they played the Riviera. Amazing seats for $40.  Also check and see if there are any RHCP facebook fan groups that may offer tickets at a better price.  You should have no problem getting decent seats on craigslist as the date rolls near

• Upvote 1

I saw The Head and the Heart at Red Rocks in August. It was awesome. I didn't know them very well before summer started, but my friends and I wanted to go to Red Rocks (we'd never been) and we picked them out on the calendar. My friends were more familiar with them. I spent the summer listening to their stuff and really enjoyed them. The concert was great.

Saw Young the Giant a couple of weeks ago at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. It was AWESOME. They are a great band and very fun. Great show.

Upcoming I have:

Oct 17 - Regina Spektor

Nov 12 - Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds

Nov 16 - The Paper Kites

Not sure if those last two bands are known to anyone around here. Sister Sparrow is a fun rock/blues band. Paper Kites are a kinda mellow Australian indie rock-folk band. 

For any concert in Buffalo I would hold off and wait for craigslist.  I had amazing tickets for the Pearl Jam show in 2013 for near $70 each.  Same with Our Lady Peace when they played the Riviera. Amazing seats for $40.  Also check and see if there are any RHCP facebook fan groups that may offer tickets at a better price.  You should have no problem getting decent seats on craigslist as the date rolls near

Thanks, will keep this in mind! 

@Gomo

I checked tickets for The Head and the Heart in vancouver in Dec but there's only bad seats left, disappointing!! 

I like The Paper Kites too, I'd see them live. 

Edited by IamNick

Gonna be trying to get tickets to Coldplay this Saturday when they go on sale (unless I get access to presale if there is one) Poor Canada, scarce with the tour dates. But at least I'm East, so I get two chance Toronto and Montreal. Taking two of my cousins if I pull off getting 3 tickets.

I've seen Coldplay twice now, but there's no way I'm buying tickets a year in advance though, wtf sept. 2017?? I don't like scheduling things a month away let alone a full year...

Yeah the two shows I'm looking at are in August, which I have off every year. So I'm hoping *knock wood* that it's a safe bet to plan for now. They just added a second Montreal show, so I'm anticipating it selling out quickly.

BY SOME SWEET MIRACLE I GOT 4 TICKETS TOGETHER FOR COLDPLAY!

after spending about an hour and a half in the darn evenko "virtual waiting room" watching all the tickets to not one, but two, Montreal shows disappear before my eyes I tried for Rogers Centre through ticketmaster instead.

Then ticketmaster's ticket map stopped working and was giving an error. So was the "find me seats" part of the site.

Tried to call to get tickets and the system hung up on me twice.

My last chance, and saving grace, was downloading the ticketmaster app. And now I have 4 tickets to Coldplay in Toronto and am probably the greatest cousin of all time.

Our Lady Peace with I Mother Earth this Monday! In all my years I have never seen OLP, so this is my first time. I have seen Raine solo once, and once with Chantal Kreviazuk, but this is very exciting.

Saw them in Abbotsford last weekend (also my first time). Such a fun show! They just cranked out the hits (and a couple of deep cuts that were nice too) Takes me back.... the whole show felt like a sing along, everyone was pumped. Such great nostalgia. 

Our Lady Peace with I Mother Earth this Monday! In all my years I have never seen OLP, so this is my first time. I have seen Raine solo once, and once with Chantal Kreviazuk, but this is very exciting.

Saw them in Abbotsford last weekend (also my first time). Such a fun show! They just cranked out the hits (and a couple of deep cuts that were nice too) Takes me back.... the whole show felt like a sing along, everyone was pumped. Such great nostalgia. 

I've never made it to OLP either! So stoked! My show is next friday!