Guest Idioteque

Upcoming Concerts

So I loved the Prozzäk concert. It was a really good time, Jon sounded pretty good to me.

I was blown away by the openers though!!! K.I.D were awesome. Never heard of them before, but immediately bought their EP when I got home. Can't wait to hear more from them!!

And I loved the Weezer concert last night. I came to realize they have so many good songs! Rivers wore a king costume and crown on stage during one of their songs. The Trews were surprisingly very good as an opening act as well. I didn't like their music before. They're fun to watch on stage.

I got busted bringing in my recording gear at the doors, but security said it was fine. Too bad my Weezer recording is unlistenable.

Edited by girl

I am considering going to the Coldplay concert in Edmonton in September after watching this YouTube review of their concert on April 19. It looks like a good time and super fun. Too bad tickets near the stage cost $900+ and the only affordable option is the nosebleed section. They will probably have jumbo screens though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly458WMF3Iw&feature=youtu.be&t=507

Edited by girl

Saskatoon? I was there too.

The Trews really impressed me. I was never into them (they hit it big just as I finally got a car with a CD player, so I never listened to the radio anymore, therefore they never really permeated me in my impressionable years like the artists that peaked in 97-03) but I was surprised that they played mostly songs I had heard beore

Nice. It's cool that they went to a few places in Canada that they've never been.

All I have is Jimmy Eat World April 28, Distant Worlds: Music From FINAL FANTASY May 21, and then Coldplay in Edmonton Sept. 26th (right by the stage!!!!). I can't wait for the laser show and all the star confetti.

Edited by girl

I have Jimmy Eat World on Saturday! Pretty excited for seeing them for the first time, and in a smaller venue rather than a larger place.

Have fun at the concert! I really enjoyed it. I recorded it, but once again it turned out to be a dud. I'm not good with technology. One of these days, I will get it right. The lead singer was very appreciative of the crowd and let us know on many occasions. He seems like a good guy, and he has a great voice. He can really belt out the tunes. A fan in the crowd had a poster made, and the whole band signed it on stage. They sure have a lot of good songs. I will have to download them on Itunes soon, once I see the setlist. I especially enjoyed the songs Get Right, 23, The Middle, and Sweetness.

Guest girl

I would 100% go to this show if you are able to. I promise you will not be disappointed.

So if you are listening to jimmy eat world here are some must songs

Hear you me- listen to the actual lyrics. It's a song you will sometimes here at funerals. It's a tribute to Mykel and Karli (weezers original fan club president's)

23 -  Amazing song off of the futures album

Sweetness-  Huge radio hit.  Catchy song especially in the summer.

Authority song-  Again catchy tune.

Get It Faster-  when they do this live the energy is off the charts.

I am just discovering Jimmy Eat World, thanks to the recommendations of Marcy and foats. I look forward to seeing more of their concerts in the future.

The lead singer of the band, Jim Adkins, is awesome.  I saw an instagram video of, I think, him in the crowd for the band Beach Slang, who were opening up for them. He had his fist pumping in the air and everything. What a cool guy. haha.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1yVTrAU_e/?taken-by=jimadkins&hl=en

Saw Eric Johnson on Wednesday. Got to hear Cliffs of Dover live after listening to it since I was a kid. It was magic. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite songs ever. He is an incredible guitarist.

Feist coming up on June 10th.

Edited by Gomo

Saw Eric Johnson on Wednesday. Got to hear Cliffs of Dover live after listening to it since I was a kid. It was magic. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite songs ever. He is an incredible guitarist.

Feist coming up on June 10th.

Yeah so, Feist last night was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I saw her in 2011 for the Metals tour which was great, but this blew that out of the water. Plus I somehow got to sit 4th row center. She is just an amazing live performer. She's extremely talented, funny, and just amazing. I am swooning.

Bought a floor ticket to Arcade Fire at CTC. Pretty stoked on that. They did a concert at my high school (Canterbury) when I was in grade 10 or 11, and I remember I didn't go because I thought 25$ was too expensive (present day Emma is kicking throwback Emma; my how my perspective has changed...)

Guest jjazz

Arcade Fire is always a good show. The stage setup for this tour is really interesting. Right in the middle of the arena, so it's going to be a great time for anyone no matter where they're sitting in the building. I opted out for this tour which was probably a bad idea. Cheapest tix WERE 25 bucks, so I'm already kicking myself lol.

This summer has been fantastic so far. Got to see Everclear and U2, and Lumineers opened for U2. I never really cared for them before but now I'm totally hooked. They are an incredible live band and really made the most out of the gig even in a huge stadium. U2 of course was great, and those guys were built to play places like Rogers Centre.

I also got to see Rooney earlier this month, who if you don't know them, got their big break on the OC back in the day. Really great pop rock, very similar to Weezer green album stuff. Anyways I had to mend my broken heart when I was fresh out of high school, and I did it with the help and sometimes not so much help from their first record, so to see them live was a total kick in the ass.

I saw Ricky Gervais last night at Massey Hall, which was total fluke, because those tix sold out super quick. A pair fell into my lap last week and I am now the greatest husband ever :D

Tonight I'm off to see Tom Petty, and next week is Incubus and Jimmy Eat World. We'll see how those go, but I'm super stoked. It's been an expensive summer but absolutely worth it. My childhood and teenage days are coming full circle and it feels great.

Edited by jjazz

Guest Idioteque

I just had a weird "full circle" moment too. 2 of my favorite bands played the same night years ago, Linkin Park & Silversun Pickups. So I decided to see SP since I figured LP would be around for awhile.

Obviously the tragedy happened with Chester & they were set to play Vancouver on the 15th which I was going to. Today Silversun Pickups announced they are playing Vancity on the 26th, so now I'll be seeing them again. I wish I would have been able to see them both without scheduling conflicts. :(

I have a ticket to see the Afghan Whigs in Milwaukee at the end of September.  I am confident it is going to be one of the best concerts I will ever see in person.  I know they've been around a long time but I discovered their music in the spring and I can't stop listening to all of it.  Their most recent album, In Spades, is incredible. 

• Upvote 1