guitarchick

Ottawa Concert

Who's going to the Ottawa concert?

I'm glad that it was changed to all ages. I know a lot of people don't like that because most underagers are idiots.

I haven't been to the capital music hall before so I have questions for you guys.

Do they have chairs that minors are allowed to sit on?

And do you think this concert is going to be rough on the floor?

Do they allow cameras?

I'm hardly well enough to even be going to a concert but I can't pass by the chance to see MG live again.

The last concert I was at was pretty rough but that might have been because it was free and anyone could have gotten in.

Just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

So just give me any good advice that you think I might benefit from.

There is limited seating upstairs, I assume that's where the all agers will be required to go...last one wasn't rough at all on the main floor. A few seats there too, around the bar. Lots of cameras, so I don't think they mind. Hell, Matt's wife was standing beside the stage taking pictures the whole time.

I was going to go, but my...compatriot...backed out. Ah well.

Edited by Sparq

yeah, it wasn't rough at all last time. something (i'm not sure what, mind you - seemed like someone fainted??) happened to someone near the front about 20 seconds into the first song, but matt saw and stopped immediately, and the person was either looked after or 'got up' and was fine; all was okay and matt restarted. I don't think it was horsing around or idiocy or the like.

Yeah, like Colin said there was limited seating upstairs and down - at the top there are rails overlooking that you can kind of lean on (not sure if that's sufficient enough for your needs though).

I got there shortly before the doors opened so was in line for a little while (not too long). Most of the seating was gone by the time I got in, but I wandered in and out and stood for the opener, then a friend and I made our way to the front and squished onto the big empty boxes for all their gear up at audience-right (of stage).

Girls' washroom is also near audience-right - there are two entrances/exits which I found very convenient in navigating through/about the people. One of them takes you out right near the exit to the 'back' where people go to smoke or for actual fresh air, the other almost up to audience-right.

Amnesty booth last time was upstairs. Hm... yeah, it wasn't rough at all last time - it was fantastic, but with the addition of raucous underagers (not you of course! :angry: ), who knows... If you need backup, watch for the bulky blonde and the stunning brunette (yeah, so specific ;) ) who'll likely be trying to weasel themselves to the same spot they had last time.

I'm also not currently (nor likely will be) in concert-going shape, but not going to miss it. I'd miss my whole damn life if I let my health make all the decisions *puts her dukes up*

I was going to go, but my...compatriot...backed out. Ah well.

And...? heheheheh. Your lack of hardcore Mattness saddens me. Are 25-year-olds THAT intimidating? :angry:

Kat, need any male bodyguards? :angry:

Edited by Auqakuh

If you want to get into 19+ areas and your not 19, then all you have to be is a sweet talking good looking girl and basically any security gaurd will let you in. I saw it at metallica with people getting on the floor. I tried sneaking on, bribing them, and using a makeshift wristband, but it didnt work. Then some good looking chick talked to the guy for 15 minutes and got on. Makes me wish I had boobs.

I might be going to the Ottawa concert, my cousins got tics and he might be in the area and take me up for the show... if I'm definitly coming I'll tell yah... then we'll all hang and meet MG afterwards and I'll pretend that I'm the true moderator to this site and I deserve his immediate attention.. then when he finds out I'm full of it... I'll kick him (lightly) and run.

If you want to get into 19+ areas and your not 19, then all you have to be is a sweet talking good looking girl and basically any security gaurd will let you in. I saw it at metallica with people getting on the floor. I tried sneaking on, bribing them, and using a makeshift wristband, but it didnt work. Then some good looking chick talked to the guy for 15 minutes and got on. Makes me wish I had boobs.

I dunno if I could sweet talk. I just can't seem to do things like that.

It really doesn't matter I suppose, as long as I get there and atleast get to see some of the show, then I don't care what happens.

I do need a guy to be my bodyguard but the only person I know that's capable of doing it ,lives 2 hours away. My best friend and her boyfriend will probably look after me the best they can, even if they are pussies.

hahahah.

;)

I'd figure Matt's set would probably only be starting between 10-11 at least. So you should be allright, if there are any tickets left.

I couldn't sleep last night, this is gonna be awesome, I'm losing my MG virginity. I have a feeling this will be SLIGHTLY more memorable then when i lost my .. uh nevermind ;) lol

Edited by primetime_deliverance

EXTRA TICKET

a friend of mine is too sick to go tonight so i have an extra ticket if anyone can make use of it.

PM (or MSN) me (up until 5 pm) if you could use a ticket and i'll give you a number to contact me at and we'll arrange to transact at the concert or something.

hey everyone, I'm new! Anyway, I'm going to the concert tonight all by myself! It's my first time going to the music hall too and all I can say is I'm excited! Cept I don't have any friends who like Matt! (Why the f*ck not? I dunno, they're dumb) So don't feel like your going to be the only one there alone if you go by yourself!

is there a place where you can hang your coats and not have to worry that all your life savings will be jacked?

I don't think so. And in a crowded public venue like that, I wouldn't trust anything but a locker to keep my stuff...relatively safe.

Well, I'm off to the concert... after I write my midterm. And even though I have another exam tomorrow, I'm still going. And even though no one I know is coming with me, I'm still going. So remember, even if you have no cool friends that like Matt Good, you should still go to his rockin concerts. Allrighty.

hey everyone, I'm new! Anyway, I'm going to the concert tonight all by myself! It's my first time going to the music hall too and all I can say is I'm excited! Cept I don't have any friends who like Matt! (Why the f*ck not? I dunno, they're dumb) So don't feel like your going to be the only one there alone if you go by yourself!

there's a coat check upstairs... not sure if they use it during 'normal' events though. they used it two nights ago for the bear's birthday bash with the hip and sam roberts. they MADE us use it, actually. but i didn't take a coat, muahahah. i'm sure it's probably used during regular concerts too.

there's a coat check upstairs... not sure if they use it during 'normal' events though.  they used it two nights ago for the bear's birthday bash with the hip and sam roberts.  they MADE us use it, actually.  but i didn't take a coat, muahahah.  i'm sure it's probably used during regular concerts too.

Great, thanks for clearing that up.

Man. I'm getting ready to go to the concert now. If you care, you can meet me at the end of the show, I'll be waiting for him outside by the tour bus. I'm not if he'll come out, but it's worth a shot. I'll be wearing a black and white long-sleeved baseball shirt. Say hello if you're there.

I have my stuff ready too. Copy of White Light Rock & Roll Review and a silver sharpie for signing.

Also, does anyone know around what time the past concerts have ended/lasted? Thanks.

ONE HOUR AND FORTY MINUTES UNTIL DOORS.

Edited by afterglow