Yeah, it's best to avoid Nader, the only reason he's running at all is not in fact because that he ever plans to win but because he has personal issues with the Democrats. He's not even going to be on the ballots here in Oregon from what I heard.

He's not on the CA ballots either. My mother is a huge Nader fan (being that she grew up in San Francisco in the 60's) and it took 2 full months for me and my sister to finally talk her into voting for Kerry (in the end it was when we showed her Fahrenheit 9/11 that she finally changed her mind)

Nader may neither be Republican nor Democrat, but he is an extremist. If Ralph Nader were to be elected, (and assuming the President had any real power) I think you'd see a lot of changes being made that would just catch you so off-guard that you'd spend the next four years wondering why the hell you never bothered to learn anything about the candidates before you voted.