I'm not sure if anyone has done a thread on this movie, but I want to know if everyone love it as much as I did.

I just saw it the other day, I think it was freakin' amazing. Definitely the best performance Tom Cruise has made, in my opinion. Michael Mann is freaking awesome, he did such an amazing job with it. And Jamie Foxx was great too, I loved when he'd break out in some badass parts, too.

Any thoughts?

The soundtrack is really great too. It has Audioslave's "Shadown On The Sun", and I've totally grown to love that song. Whenever I hear it now all I think about is the scene it was in, and it gets me all amped.

Great movie, great soundtrack.. fucking stellar overall.

i saw it a few months ago and i had no idea what it was about. ive seen it roughly three times since then, and i cant get enough of it. tom cruise ahould win villain of the year for that performance.

i love the part where he shoots the gangsters who try to steal his bag, then fucking puts another one in the guys head as he walks away. pure evil.

and yes, shadow on the sun is an awesome song.

i love the part where he shoots the gangsters who try to steal his bag, then fucking puts another one in the guys head as he walks away. pure evil.

I was just gonna talk about that scene. Pure badass. Amazing.

It had it's moments. It seems over-rated to me. It was about as exciting as riding in the back of a cab for an hour and a half - atleast for me.

the symbolization with the wolf sure wasn't cheesy.

The man falling onto the roof of the car was the highlight of the movie.

Tom cruise has done tons of movies better than this one. minority report for one. Jerry mcguire.

I was very impressed with this film, Cruise and Foxx were great wroking off each other...

One thing that bothers me thoough is how Jamie Foxx can win Ctitic Awards and be nominated got a Golden Globe for his performance in this film as a "Supporting" Act?? He has more on screen time than Cruise does!?

Just seems odd to me that an Actress such as Judie Dench can Win an Academy Award in a supporting role, for Shakespear in Love, when she was only on screen for 3 sequences...where do they draw the line??

something to think about I guess....

tom cruise? a good actor? those dont go together sorry...i havent seen collateral yet and i never planned on it, what a bad actor. i cant stand him in any of his movies, the only one i could sit through was jerry mguire and that was sub par...am i alone in thinking this guy cant act? i hated his bond ripoff movies aswell..ethan hunt? what the crap? but thats just me, i think he sucks. hes like will smith, cant play anything different even if the script asks for a serious or a sad role =\

Collateral is a wicked ass movie. I've never really liked Tom Cruise, although I can see how people might, but he was stone cold in that role, and the writing of the movie was really solid. Everything fits and there is very little filler.

The fact that it's loaded to the gills with homicide doesn't hurt.

tom cruise? a good actor? those dont go together sorry...i havent seen collateral yet and i never planned on it, what a bad actor. i cant stand him in any of his movies, the only one i could sit through was jerry mguire and that was sub par...am i alone in thinking this guy cant act? i hated his bond ripoff movies aswell..ethan hunt? what the crap? but thats just me, i think he sucks. hes like will smith, cant play anything different even if the script asks for a serious or a sad role =\

James Bond ripoffs?

Mission Impossible was a TV series.

Also, have you not seen Magnolia?

I think Collateral is totally overated. The acting was solid but the ending was too much Hollywood for my liking. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

I agree. The movie started out refreshing and new, but then it became generic hollywood, like Jaime Foxx seeing enough hits by Tom that he learns to accept it. I've seen that in how many movies?