Gob

Arrested Development

I don't know if anyone here is a Veronica Mars fan, but last night was a pretty good night to love both VM and Arrested Development. Veronica Mars is known for pretty good cameos (Kevin Smith, for example), but in last nights episode the actors who play George Michael and Maebe on Arrested were both guest stars. It was great to see a nod to such a great show in another show I love.

SHOWTIME FOR THE BLUTHS?: Hmm, maybe the fat lady should shut her mouth and take a seat. The New York Post hears brand-new buzz that Showtime has not only picked up Fox's canceled Arrested Development but has ordered a full 26 episodes.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/...rmDate=02282006

I understand that the cast is under contract for one more season, but if Mitch is out how good would AD be?

it won't come back. As much as I'd love it to. Fox is stupid and would rather ressurect shittier shows. Though I am a family guy fan, it's got nothing on AD. Besides, Mr. Tambor is on another show now, on NBC I think, so he couldn't be back on AD.

edit: Dats not cool

Edited by Hyphnip

Okay, I borrowed season one today and have watched the pilot so far. To say this off the bat, I'm not much of a fan of My Name Is Earl or The Office and judging by the pilot, this is the same comedy style as The Office. The Office isn't a bad show by any means...but it's just not very funny.

Just to get a consensus here: For the fans here, is season one pretty solid? Do they get better by the season? I'm going to play episode two right now. The pilot was alright--didn't get much of a laugh though.

Maeby (also known as Alia Shawcat) was born in 1989. so figure out the year the season you're watching came out and you got her age. I agree, she is good looking

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0790057/

^her imdb page

well it's season one (2003/04) so she was... 14 years old!

I've watched 13 episodes so far and I must say...I'm getting hooked. It's nearly Curb Your Enthusiasm funny and if you know me, you know that's funny.

I'm actually not a big fan of the series finale, it's probably the only episode that I don't like. It just felt rushed and I think the episode prior where Micheal and Buster go to Iraq to rescue G.O.B. would have worked better as a finale.

Just finished watching season one and I must say...spectacular show! I'm mad that I'll be returning to home for holidays as I won't be able to borrow the next seasons any time soon. Brilliant written show with some awesome character chemistry.

ONE THING I would like to add is that on disc 3 on the Season One there's a promo spot of the show. First off, this show used to be on 8:30 on Sunday!? Why didn't I know this? But more importantly, the promo made the show look god awful. It just showed all of the violent parts of the show with completely unsuitable music--it made the show look as youthful as My Name Is Earl or Trailer Park Boys. If they showed more of the clever, witty lines, I'm positive that they would have gained a greater audience--just look what happened to House.

The promotion was all wrong--all wrong. Arrested Development LIVES ON.

Actually, I discovered AD diuring it's first season. I fell asleep watching Simpsons and woke up watching Arrested Development. I laughed so hard that I never missed an episode of the show after that (aside from the final 4 that they aired in one night and I had a class to go to).

so I was waiting for the bus and I was getting pretty pissed off with these two kids that were being really bratty and making their mom mad and I just wished that J. Walter Weatherman had been there to teach those kids a lesson about "and thats why you don't disobey your mother"

As of January 1st, CBC has began airing Arrested Development after the Simpsons at 5:30 p.m.(cst).

It's nice to know that my tax money is going to such a quality show.

Taste the happy!

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/ind...ted+Development

I was just watching it on the CBC right now and just came to this forum to tell. I was going to say watch it every night at midnight but holy crap, 5:30PM as well after the Simpsons??

Snap, crackle, and pop.