It has been over a year since the Underpublicized Break Up if the Stone Temple Pilots, possibly the 90's greatest live act.

As we all know Scott seems healed from his demons and frints the massively popular "Velvet Revolver", origonal rumour was that the DeLeo Brothers and Erik Kretz, were workign with the singer from the Black Crows.

Does anyone know anything about this???

Help.

i know nothing of the work with chris robinson. all i know is that he may/may not be working with his brother again.

also, that video for "fall to pieces" has to be the funniest thing i've ever seen on TV.

hahahaha that song is so bad, and the video... oh my god

theyre such a joke, that velvet revolver, even their name is a joke..

but the black crowes are awesome.. yep ;)

Where is friggen GNR, Velvet revolver is only around coz axle is dicking around still...A new GNR album was supposed to be out more than a year ago

yeah thats never gonna happen

unless maybe scott weiland dies and axl pulls his head out of his ass

Ok I don't want to quote everyone so i am gonna just answer everything.

VR is not ajoke band, their album is actually very good. I get the impression from alot of bored that MG is the Musical Standard and nobody else is good....

Fall to Piececs is a great song off of a Good album.

As far as Axl goes, the second he used the GnR name again he ruiend any possibility of a reunion, Slash and Duff have said that numerous times.

and if STP are not of the 90's greatest live acts who is??

VR is not ajoke band, their album is actually very good. I get the impression from alot of bored that MG is the Musical Standard and nobody else is good....

so because i said i thought velvet revolver was a joke that means i think no one is good but matt good?

wow, what an idiotic thing to say

i think velvet revolver is shit, but thats my opinion, and nowhere in my post did i say you had to agree with me...

and fall to pieces is a weak ass song that sounds pretty much like everything else on the radio.. but again thats MY OPINION

could someone please explain to me the point of forming a new band if all you're going to do is sound like your old ones??

STP had their time. they were decent, but the only way you can call them the greatest 90s live act is if they were the ONLY band you saw in the 90s. that would definitely explain a lot.

i enjoyed 'appetite for destruction' like anyone else did, but i really don't have high hopes for this 'chinese democracy' album that's 10 years late. i agree that axl shouldn't be calling the band guns n roses, it should be called axl rose and the revolving doors. i don't even think he has a band anymore. which is a good thing. he is most certainly not deserving of all this anticipation for the new record.

First off i said i get the ompression, not you said. there has just alwys seemed to be an "everyone else sucks" mentality, weather it be here, the APA on on other bordes in the past.

And honestly, did you ever see STP live??? they are one fo the greatest live shows. I have only ever seen two support acts show up the headliner.

STP showed Up RHCP

and Finger 11 showed Up the Tea Party.

IMO

First off i said i get the ompression, not you said. there has just alwys seemed to be an "everyone else sucks" mentality, weather it be here, the APA on on other bordes in the past.

And honestly, did you ever see STP live??? they are one fo the greatest live shows. I have only ever seen two support acts show up the headliner.

STP showed Up RHCP

and Finger 11 showed Up the Tea Party.

IMO

you should start spellchecking your posts

no offense or anything, its just that you spelled boards "bordes" and wow.. i must say, ive never seen that before

yeah heard they were working together, they have posted in info on stp website, that could be it.

Whatever happened to the rest of the songs STP were gonna release with their last record, as it was suppose to be a double album, they should release a b-sides cd!!

Velvet Revolver's album is one of the best I've picked up in a while. Gone are the days when men put out albums like this one, and I can't sit an let people slag it.

One thing this record (contraband) has that not a lot of records has these days is Slash behind the board. The Mix on this record is amazing, as is with all of Slash's stuff. He follows in a great tradition that most people don't even know about. Guys like him and Jimmy Page, they appear to be these drunkards who play guitar (poorly) and just barely get by with studio magic. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

When Slash is in the studio, you can hear his influence on the sound quality, and when you read interviews, he really knows what he's talking about - instictively. The tonal qualities of his own instrument are enough, but all his records are mixed so perfectly, nothing is too messy to make out, despite being densly layered and textural.

If you don't believe me, check out the Use your Illusions series - the CD's, not MP3's, becasue Slash'll tell you like I will right now, MP3's won't do it justice. Listen to a whole record, for a change, and you'll see what I mean.

VR Rocks.