saturnine

Satty's Word Of The Day

middleclassgangsters word of the day:

cucumber-sandwich pronouced "yum-e"

a cucumber-sandwich is a tasty treat enjoyed by only the most privliged. many think cucumber-sandwich is two words but they are wrong.

example: go fetch me a cucumber sandwich before a become grumpy and irritable.

randomness quota for wednesday august 10th 2005 = met

I like it........maybe not the sandwich but I think that is far more usefull than any of the words saturnine has given us.....or anything he has to say for that matter.

right.. because words are useless. omg poopy!

im not very interested in starting a middleclassgangster word of the day thread. Mostly due to the fact that it would be pointless boring and no one would give a flying fuck about it.

but the definition of cucumber-sandwich had to be returned to the people.

your welcome.

Edited by middle class gangster

right.. because words are useless. omg poopy!

I take it back. They're not completely useless. Just the other day I told your mom that us getting together at night consumes me so much all day that it is the leitmotif of my entire day.

Thanks for educating me!

are you retarded?

how is a thread of words people may not have heard before (all neatly defined and used in a sentence, even) NOT useful?

im not very interested in starting a middleclassgangster word of the day thread. Mostly due to the fact that it would be pointless boring and no one would give a flying fuck about it.

but the definition of cucumber-sandwich had to be returned to the people.

your welcome.

clearly people care about it, or have you not noticed the amount of replies this thread has?

and it's YOU'RE welcome, dumbass.

I'm sorry, the replies wern't making fun of you, they were making fun of saturnine. The reason the majority of us havn't heard of these words is because they are words we will never use. That is why telling us what they mean in a thread - even in nice sentences - is useless. Do you honestly think these words will now come accross in your every day conversation?

Edited by Vance

god forbid people should want to improve their vocabulary. these words won't come up in every day conversations because most people are content being uneducated simpletons. listen to real people speak.

forget about the replies, notice the 1300 views. apparently people are interested

god forbid people should want to improve their vocabulary. these words won't come up in every day conversations because most people are content being uneducated simpletons. listen to real people speak.

forget about the replies, notice the 1300 views. apparently people are interested

holy shit your annoying.

god forbid people should want to improve their vocabulary. these words won't come up in every day conversations because most people are content  being uneducated simpletons. listen to real people speak.

holy shit your annoying.

you're*, sweetheart. you're*.

There's really no point putting down each other's threads.

There's obviously some people that are learning or are at least interested in what has been posted.

Perhaps the problem is that I live in Hamilton. The clouds of smog in our air are constantly burning up my brain cells leaving no room for new information without first pushing out something old out.

No reason to argue or be critical....especially with people we don't even know.

Peace and love.

I do have to agree with sat here.

I like this thread.

ingenuous \in-JEN-yoo-uhs\, adjective:

1. Demonstrating childlike simplicity; innocent; naive.

2. Free from reserve, restraint, or guile; open; frank.

3. [Obsolete] Noble; honorable.

Ingenuous comes from Latin ingenuus, "honest, freeborn," from in-, "in" + gignere, "to beget; to produce."

ingenuous \in-JEN-yoo-uhs\, adjective:

1. Demonstrating childlike simplicity; innocent; naive.

2. Free from reserve, restraint, or guile; open; frank.

3. [Obsolete] Noble; honorable.

Ingenuous comes from Latin ingenuus, "honest, freeborn," from in-, "in" + gignere, "to beget; to produce."

the 4th definition for that word is "christy", but i can understand why you left that part out

lexicon \LEK-suh-kahn\, noun:

A vocabulary, or book containing an alphabetical arrangement of the words in a language or of a considerable number of them, with the definition of each; a dictionary; especially, a dictionary of the Greek, Hebrew, or Latin language.

"He thought it right in a lexicon of our language to collect many words which had fallen into disuse." --Boswell, Life of Johnson

"Hundreds of thousands of ethnic Albanians fled their homes during the fighting and became, in the lexicon of relief workers, IDPs, or internally displaced persons." --"Casualties of War: In the Hills, Scraping to Survive; Some Ethnic Albanians Have No Reason to Go Home," Washington Post Tuesday, June 15, 1999

"Upon enquiry about a Hebrew word, I found he had no Lexicon." --S. Sewall Diary, January 30, 1879

From lexis, the Greek word for "speaking, speech; a way of speaking; diction, style," from legein, to speak; to tell; to recount.

Lexicon is frequently used to signify the vocabulary of a particular discipline, branch of knowledge, or sphere of activity (as in the second example above: "...in the lexicon of relief workers..."); or of a region, a particular speaker, etc.