brandon

Serenity

Did anyone see the preview screenings of Serenity over the summer? I caught one here in Vancouver, BC.

Based on the cancelled TV show Firefly, Serenity is THE FREAKING AMAZING movie of the fall season. It will beat you to the ground, kick you while you're down, and leave you for dead. And yes, that's a good thing.

Having watched Firefly not required. Go see it when it opens this weekend. Bring your friends. It's a group-experience movie.

LOL Crusader don't spoil it for everyone.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
But seriously, there was a singular moment when I thought to myself, "Oh god, they're all going to die." He's going to kill them all. Joss is great at making those moments, there were a number of them in this movie, and you honestly don't know what he's going to do.

I look forward to hear what you all think. Fans who saw the summer previews were at war over what Joss did with the movie for weeks on end.

The movie does give resolution to the series in many respects. In fact, it gives a lot more than anyone expected, I think. But there's a lot of potential for more movies, as is the plan if this one does well.

Funny, funny movie. Can't wait to see it again.

Joss Whedon and Matt Good. Two of my favourite things in the world. What a combination.

I just got back from seeing it, it was completely awesome. Joss held the characters true so well, and he is so all about the dramatic flair, I don't want to ruin for anyone but those who saw the ends of Buffy and Angel know what I mean (...i hope)

anyway, completely awesome!

i don't agree, i liked watching buffy and angel, like they were on tv so long, you get so attached and invovled, i think his tv shows were better, and i think firefly would have been better if it continued at a series, though i'm happy with the way the movie since continuing with the show wasn't an option..

Saw Serenity last night. It was so freaking amazing. I love it. First off:

Alliance created the Reavers?!?! WTFIN' PLOT TWIST AWESOME! YEAH

Secondly:

I was sooooooo sad near the end when i thought Simon was going to die. Because Kaylee is my absolute favorite character, and i didn't want to see her unhappy in the movie because then i would be unhappy. God, i'm a sap.

Thirdly: "While I'm gone, Zoe is in command. Now, if I'm not back in an hour, I want you to take this ship, take off... and you come and you rescue me! " is the best quote ever. This movie rocked hardcore.

Secondly:

I was sooooooo sad near the end when i thought Simon was going to die. Because Kaylee is my absolute favorite character, and i didn't want to see her unhappy in the movie because then i would be unhappy. God, i'm a sap.

haha, that is adorable though...

i would rather that simon died rather than wash...

I caught the movie on Friday and it was great. I'd never seen Firefly, but a friend of mine was totally into the show and really wanted to see it, so I agreed to go with her.

Even though I was not familiar with the characters, it was very easy to get attached and I must say I felt the same way as people commenting on the spoilers. I think it would have awesomer for me if I'd seen the show, but either way it still rocked my world.

The villain is so awesome too, that was great.

-Marc