Hyphnip

Did I Miss Something Here?

So today at work, the radio was changed to Power 97 (the best rock station here in Winnipeg.) It was the middle of the "all request Power Lunch" and to my surprise they were playing "Flashdance II"

I've called radio stations before and requested songs that weren't released for radio play and they say that they could get in trouble for playing it. Does this mean that Flashdance II was released? seriously, when the hell did that happen? (not that I'm complaining! I was happy!)

Who would get a station in trouble for playing something that wasn't released to radio?

Why would a station get in trouble for playing something that wasn't released to radio?

Edited by Dan #2

I had no idea that it was released as a single back then. there wasn't a video or anything I guess.

and dan #2, I don't know who would get them in trouble. maybe the station manager? the program director? I'm not sure. although, now that I think about it, when Orgy came around, their first single was supposed to be "stitches" but radiostations decided to play "blue Monday" for nostalga reasons. Same with The Ataris and that stupid ass cover of Boys Of Summer. Their first single was supposed to be "in this diary" and apparently, the video for "Boys of summer" was actually recorded as the video for "in this diary" but when B.O.S. because a radio hit, they just used that video for the song. maybe people on the radio can play whatever the hell that they want!!! that'd rock considering I'm going into broadcasting. I'd have a lot of fun with that.

Power 97 sucks so bad but anyways...Flashdance was released as a single when Loser anthems came out. Maybe not offically but it was played on radio none the less. And request shows such as the power lunch(power97) don't usually play the radio norm, hence the "request" part. You very often hear songs that weren't singles or released to commercial radio.