strummer

Who Here From Around Edmonton?

Hey ya'll, I'm moving out to edmonton next month and i was hoping somebody here could tell me what its like there? I come from a shit hole in Ontario so anything is better than here. I'm going there cause apparantly they are hurting for tradesman and i wanna be an electrician. THAT BETTER BE TRUE. So if your from there or near there, let me know what its all about. thanks eh

I'm an electrician from BC. I've considered going to Alberta before but then I realized that there is work in any big city and I'm quite happy in here(plus Vancouver is booming). I also hear that there is a ton of work up in places like Fort Mcmurray and up north but that's just not for me. I've got a few buddies up in Edmonton and they've got no complaints, seems like a good town if you don't mind the occasional shootings.

I'm an electrician from BC. I've considered going to Alberta before but then I realized that there is work in any big city and I'm quite happy in here(plus Vancouver is booming). I also hear that there is a ton of work up in places like Fort Mcmurray and up north but that's just not for me. I've got a few buddies up in Edmonton and they've got no complaints, seems like a good town if you don't mind the occasional shootings.

Work, yes, but homes are an absolute rarity.

Um, Edmonton is fine though boring. If you are coming from a shit town already then I can't see much to complain about. We have crackheads and meth-heads just like any other town.

The music scene ain't bad.

Oh, but everyone votes Conservative....even in the University riding....*sob*

Um, Edmonton is fine though boring. If you are coming from a shit town already then I can't see much to complain about. We have crackheads and meth-heads just like any other town.

The music scene ain't bad.

Oh, but everyone votes Conservative....even in the University riding....*sob*

If you think Edmonton is boring then you've never gone anywhere here except the fucking mall.

fort mcmurray has been known to turn the most christian of tradesmen into raging alchoholic drug addicts.

i think its fucking hilarious that those guys go up there with the intention of coming home with $100,000 after six months but instead come back with more problems than a pregnant 12 year old.

Edited by one_trick_pony