sodamntired

Early Career Predictions?

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics.  That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package?  Well, tricky question.  A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood.  Although it would be far less practical.

Far less practical because you have to be the size of Napolean to fit in one.

Napoleon was around 5'9", so that's not too bad, as a person of that height can fit in one with ease.

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics. That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package? Well, tricky question. A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood. Although it would be far less practical.

its a weekend machine. pure and simple. and weekend machines arent really my style. although i've driven one before and it is quite a blast.

in my opinion, its eerily similar to the mini cooper even with the MR layout. speaking of MR, ive owned a few MR2s in my day and i'm quite familiar with the toyota craftsmanship, however, my goal was to find a luxury car that had as much muscle as possible, and even though the mercedes has a very aggressive stance on the road with its staggered wheels, a few hundred dollars can get you that on any car. if you look at the 1st generation BMW M coupes, it looks like a muscle car. this 2nd version isnt quiter the same but my love for that car has never died. i would have already owned one but i could never find one that was worth every cent. if i'm going to spend $50,000 on a used car, it's got to be perfect. and as far as the AMGs go "the most advanced driver adaptive automatic transmission system in the world" cant take the place of that third pedal.

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics. That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package? Well, tricky question. A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood. Although it would be far less practical.

So you've driven an Elise?

Evan, don't forget AMG's all come with automatics.  That and they simply don't look as good as that sexy M.

As for what other car will give you 330 horses in that kind of package?  Well, tricky question.  A Lotus Elise won't give you as much horsepower, but it will give you the power-to-weight ratio to compensate, one of the purest driving experiences available, and superior Toyota engineering under the hood.  Although it would be far less practical.

its a weekend machine. pure and simple. and weekend machines arent really my style. although i've driven one before and it is quite a blast.

in my opinion, its eerily similar to the mini cooper even with the MR layout. speaking of MR, ive owned a few MR2s in my day and i'm quite familiar with the toyota craftsmanship, however, my goal was to find a luxury car that had as much muscle as possible, and even though the mercedes has a very aggressive stance on the road with its staggered wheels, a few hundred dollars can get you that on any car. if you look at the 1st generation BMW M coupes, it looks like a muscle car. this 2nd version isnt quiter the same but my love for that car has never died. i would have already owned one but i could never find one that was worth every cent. if i'm going to spend $50,000 on a used car, it's got to be perfect. and as far as the AMGs go "the most advanced driver adaptive automatic transmission system in the world" cant take the place of that third pedal.

Even still, the Elise just won't replace the M. No trunk space, no place to mount a roof rack, whatever.

Seriously, though, that M looks like a great buy. I seriously can't think of another hardtop sports coupe that will put out that much power at that price point. The only thing that could possibly compare is the Porsche Cayman, which any thinking man will tell you to avoid.

A car represents freedom, a nice car makes the trip more enjoyable.

having lived with or without a car i never understood the whole car= freedom thing.

A car can be an inabler just as much as a giver of freedom. I mean, if you were walking from point a to b instead of driving, your trip is prolonged allowing you to relax, take in the environment around you... maybe take sometime out to see the simple beauty all around us that we would otherwise miss.

In a car, sure you can go from a to b to c fast and in style... but it speeds your life up. Green means Go and Go means fast. It's a very North American thang I suppose... we'll take what we want and we'll get it right away.

I dunno, there's arguments both ways.

That's all i'm gonna say about it.

Hey, don't disparage the good name of olive oil sex.

P.S. Worse still, the Cayman doesn't have a limited slip diff, which I've heard causes the handling to suffer in tight cornering. Rumour has it the reason they wouldn't put one is is because it would have made the Cayman faster than the Carrera.

EDIT: The original M coupe, may I say, was fuckin' ugly.

Edited by ecnarf

Hey, don't disparage the good name of olive oil sex.

P.S. Worse still, the Cayman doesn't have a limited slip diff, which I've heard causes the handling to suffer in tight cornering. Rumour has it the reason they wouldn't put one is is because it would have made the Cayman faster than the Carrera.

EDIT: The original M coupe, may I say, was fuckin' ugly.

oh i'm not. olive oil sex is on my "things to try soon" list for sure... just if you dont have anything to contribute that isnt AT THE VERY LEAST humorous, fuck off.

porsche has always been trying to pull off things like that to keep their flagship car the most desirable. whereas with the M Coupe, it comes in at a staggering $70,000 less than the M6 and only has .3 seconds less of a 0-60 time (mind you the M6 is a tank, and is equipped with a state of the art 500 horsepower engine). its $20,000 less than the common M3, three less horsepower, but still a way faster 0-60 time. its basically the ultimate car. haha

i guess it depends what kind of hooker. the ones closer to the alleys on the east side are usually around 5'11" and close to 175lbs and up. once rigormortis sets in it will be hard to bend her/him (who can tell with those ones?) into the trunk space.

hookers on seymour? usually small and dainty... no problem. and as far as disposal? i live on a greenbelt. i'll dump her behind my neighbours house. theres so much adultery and unhappy marriage in this neighbourhood no one would suspect the 22 year old bachelor.

what kind of car do you drive again?

own an S2000, which is currently at the dealership on display, so i am using a bmw 330xi courtesy car until mid next week when the M comes in.

edit: upon closer inspection, it seems i replied to a post not directed to me.

Edited by one_trick_pony