Ravenous Yam

Interview With L. Ron Hubbard's Son

Now, it is a Penthouse interview, and there is a semi-NWS picture at the top (the cover of the magazine), but there's nothing objectionable about the article. It looks long, but it's only as long as a regular magazine article. Really interesting though. Lots of shady details in that orgnization, almost entirely to do with L. Ron himself. It's really fucked up.

It's worth it to read the whole thing.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/pe...erview-1983.htm

For more than twenty years L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., has been a man on the run. He has changed residences, occupations, and even his name in 1972 to Ron DeWolf to escape what he alleges to be the retribution and wrath of his father and his father's organization-- the Church of Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., is a survivor. His appearance on earth, May 7, 1934, was the result of failed abortion rituals by his father, and Ron, after only six and a half months in the womb and at 2.2 pounds entered the world. His mother, Margeret ("Polly") Grubb, was to have one more child, Catherine May, before her husband ditched her in 1946 to enter into a bigamous marnage with Sarah Northrup. A half sister, Alexis Valerie, survived that union. Soon after that, the founder of Scientology married Mary Sue Whipp, the current Mrs. L. Ron Hubbard, Sr., who at this writing is serving four years in federal prison for stealing government documents. There were four childrens: Diana and Quentin, who died under mysterious circumstances in 1976; Arthur, who has been missing for several years; and Suzette.

Penthouse: Did he write the book off the top of his head? Did he do any real research?

Hubbard: No research at all. When he has answered that question over the years, his answer has changed according to which biography he was writing. Sometimes he used to write a new biography every week. He usually said that he had put thirty years of research into the book. But no, he did not. What he did, reaily, was take bits and pieces from other people and put them together in a blender and stir them all up --and out came Dianetics! All the examples in the book --some 200 "real-life experiences" --were just the result of his obsessions with abortions and unconscious states... In fact, the vast majority of those incidents were invented off the top of his head. The rest stem from his own secret life, which was deeply involved in the occult and black-magic.

That involvement goes back to when he was sixteen, living in Washington. D.C. He got hold of the book by Alistair Crowley called The Book of Law. He was very interested in several things that were the creation of what some people call the Moon Child. It was basically an attempt to create an immaculate conception --except by Satan rather than by God. Another important idea was the creation of what they call embryo implants --of getting a satanic or demonic spirit to inhabit the body of a fetus. This would come about as a result of black-magic rituals, which included the use of hypnosis, drugs, and other dangerous and destructive practices. One of the important things was to destroy the evidence if you failed at this immaculate conception.

That's how my father became obsessed with abortions. I have a memory of this that goes back to when I was six years old. It is certainly a problem for my father and for Scientology that I rememoer this. It was around 1939, 1940, that I watched my father doing something to my mother. She was lying on the bed and he was sitting on her, facing her feet. He had a coat hanger in his hand. There was blood all over the place. I remember my father shouting at me. "Go back to bed!" A little while later a doctor came and took her off to the hospital. She didn't talk about it for quite a number of years. Neither did my father.

Penthouse: He was trying to perform an abortion?

Hubbard: According to him and my mother, he tried to do it with me. I was born at six and a half months and weighed two pounds, two ounces. I mean, I wasn't born: this is what came out as a result of their attempt to abort me. It happened during a night of partying --he got involved in trying to do a black-magic number. Also, I've got to complete this by saying that he thought of himself as the Beast 666 incarnate.

I still can't get over the fact that people still believe in this shit, and especially that it's bigger than ever.

Guest jsunC

interesting article. Long but interesting nonetheless.

I obviously think scientology is a scam, but half of the shit said by L Ron Hubbard Jr. is a little hard to swallow.

Scientology is an evil and dangerous cult! I'm not kidding. Just google search 'scientology' and you'll probably get a million results. It's horrible and corrupt.

Steal steal steal, kill. w00t we're rich! Let's get us another victom. There's one! Steal steal steal, whoa, he jumped off a building. No matter! Excuse me m'am, you have a high theaten level, need some auditing? Steal steal steal...

Guest jsunC
Scientology is an evil and dangerous cult! I'm not kidding. Just google search 'scientology' and you'll probably get a million results. It's horrible and corrupt.

OH MY GOD REALLY?!?! YOUR NOT KIDDING??

Holy shit how did i not realize??! You've done The Bored a great favour good sir.

OH MY GOD REALLY?!?! YOUR NOT KIDDING??

Holy shit how did i not realize??! You've done The Bored a great favour good sir.

I deserved that, no doubt, I jumped the gun. Scientology just really pisses me off.

Yeah, it may be a little overblown, but I'd definitely take the word of the creator's son over... anyone else's regarding the subject at hand.

EDIT: Keep in mind this interview took place 20 years before the massive hype it's gotten recently.

Edited by Ravenous Yam

We spent more than an hour interviewing the director of the local branch, they gave us free literature, books valued at over $112/each. They couldn't actually answer any of the really tough questions likes "How did L. Ron Hubbard come up with this belief system." The answer they gave was "He was counseling a lot of people, and a lot of them came to him claiming they had past lives, and they got better after having discussed their past lives, and so thus he was able to conclude and come up with Dianetics." They gave my buddy an e-meter reading, they asked him to hold on to these metal tubes which were hooked up to this machine and first asked him twice to recall the events of the day(they say the machine picked up changes in spiritual energy that occured when you thought about something that troubled you), and then in the other test the director pinched my buddy to see the reaction, my eyes were fixed on the needle guage of the machine which stayed totally still but the director insisted that it was picking up my buddy's thoughts, who played (for the most part) along with what was being said. It was sorta silly. I asked where they got the machines and who manufactured them, all she said was "it's a company in California, I can't give you their name, but they make them to very exact specifications we give them." The manual actually says the machine does absolutely nothing unless you're "qualified to use it."

Also, when the director detected the "troubling thoughts," my friend was thinking about sitting in a lazy-boy chair.

edit: another thing that proves just how gullible they are is that they believed we were from the press just because we had notepads and pencils. We gave them no other proof, nor even our real names.

Edited by HoboFactory