theothersideofnowhere

New Album?

I think it's safe to say that his new album will be creative and brilliant and something "new". He's hasn't made the same kind of album twice yet, and I don't forsee that happening in the future. He's constantly re-inventing his style and evolving into even more greatness.

Hopefully he experiments on the new album a lot more. White Light is a decent album, but it seemed to basic to me overall...especially compared to Avalanche. Call me crazy.

It's hard to compare Avalanche and White Light, because the intent and vision of the albums are opposites on the musical spectrum, with Avalanche being about combining different elements, with lush and full sounding parts, whereas White Light was a plug in and play record, a back to basics approach to rock and roll.

From tony pierce:

i know this because it was very windy with no roof and matt called my cell phone after he read my blog. we talked and made plans and then he played his new hit single for me. it was a great song and you will all love it when you get to hear it. its a tune about a tidal wave and lots of the words struck me even while in a foul mood, even while in a stolen vehicle, even without having the best reception on the cell phone as the wind wipped around that old bucket.

On his website he said he's playing with the idea of traveling around the world and recording it on the spot in places that he comes up with it at (ie recording it at the beach or the base of the Egyptian Pyramids). He said he want to release it as a box set DVD/Coffee Table Book of photos/CD/Weblinks but is unsure if he ever will. The new album will be quite a ways out I believe.