shade

The Following Things Should Fuck Off And Go Away

My current top artists... none of these are fashionably indie.

NotFromOklahoma.gif

Edit: I can't bring myself to see 300 because from everything I've seen, all the dialogue is more befitting a locker room speech than a film script.

Edited by NotFromOklahoma

so that is why I feel so terrible.

personally, I think personal tastes are in fashion. you just happen to seem like one of those "I like different stuff than you so that makes me better" people.

oh? I just think there is a lot of good music out there that you have to dig around for. My taste's aren't any better...but I would say a bit broader...but still need a lot of work...I just like trying out new things...with an open mind...not to say yours isn't...I just come off as a dick online because I am some lame teen.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Edit: buried alive.

Edited by shade

I do book quotes in my AIM profile, but those are usually longer and have more meaningful substance.

My MSN name is "James Tillman" but I only have one contact on there.

But hell, passages from great books have a hell of a lot more significance than Fallout Boy. And text is the medium that books survive on. Quoting song lyrics is like reading stand-up. It just ain't proper.

P.S. oh god don't look at my signature please.

EDIT: MSN name is as follows: Adam - what happened to the popularity of monty python?

Edited by ecnarf

No, some of it is obvious for NOW (it was written in 85 I believe). There are a lot of cool ideas...and he's not a dick about it either.

He compares 1984 to Brave New World a lot...I still have to read the latter though.

It's only 200 pages...worth a gander.

I didn't know that 1984 could be compared to a Brave New World.

Like, at all.

One is a predication that the future we will be slaves to the government...and the other that we will be slaves to our own pleasure.

The book agrees with Brave New World.

I really only read books written by musicians.

Just kidding. I have ordered "Consumed" by Benjamin Barber, so I have to read it before moving on to anything else (I am a complete sucker for economic theory as it relates to Western culture. And post-cyberpunk, haha.)