wmarskell

Anyone Seen The New Tarintino Movie?

He is washed up in my opinion...now he is just another Hollywood name with a bit of swing of credibility for youth...they can easily rake in more money.

I agree completely. I really liked Reservoir Dogs, but the Kill Bill movies were a joke.

Never before have I seen an ability to 'rake in' money equated with being washed up. Unless I'm reading that wrong or money is totally unrelated to success in your world-view.

I expect to see it....some of my co-conspirators will want to, no doubt, so it's kinda unavoidable.

Edited by Sparq

I'm glad my Cassandra Complex is wearing off, and people are starting to realize he's a bit of a hack. I was leaving a class the other night and I heard these film geeks talking about how un-thrilled they were about this. Then this weekend my dad, who has been defending Tarantino for years, and would kill for pulp fiction, said that he watched it again last week, and his response was 'meh'.

Even if you can sit through his over the top, non-stop homages (we get it, other people made movies that you liked, now do something slightly original), can you then sit through another hour and a half of it from Robert Rodriges? I hope people don't realize this is a double billing, and the boredom causes riots to break out, and Tarantino is put on TV trial and imprisoned, and Roger Avery is commisioned to make a documentary on it, which by the way will be brilliantly directed.

And I think he will continue to make shitty movies and money off of them, because Tarantino isn't the same guy he was ten years ago, and his core audience wasn't allowed to watch him ten years ago.

and Roger Avery is commisioned to make a documentary on it, which by the way will be brilliantly directed.

Roger Avery is a genius and the best thing to ever come out of Flin Flon, Manitoba

yeah, he was born there

It's just gooey. It's that campy, ridiculously messy gore that's easier to watch than something that's supposed to be realistic. It was just that tongue bit that was a little...odd.

Edited by Sparq