i've been trying to get into some more unknown music lately. i'm typically a big fan of female singers.

here's a sample of my faves as of late (sort of in order):

ingrid michaelson

lily allen

amy winehouse

regina spektor

kate havnevik

if anyone a) knows any of these artists and b) can suggest some female singers in and around this range of artists, i would be forever grateful.

thanks!!

also, if you don't know any of these, you should. lily allen is starting to get pretty popular, but if you haven't heard her yet, might i suggest the song 'knock 'em out' as it's hilarious. little british girl who actually sings with a cockney accent. she's pretty funny.

also, if you're into the shins and the like (i know, not female, but whatever) i suggest checking out the 'catch and release' soundtrack. it's a cheesy chick flick, but the soundtrack is full of awesome mellow indie bands. it's in the flavour of the garden state soundtrack

I like Lovage, but kinda hard to find. Sexiest voice around though.

Cibo Matto is fun, but definately an acquired taste.

Whoa, both really good suggestions. I have albums by both I can upload.

btjunkie.com is my favourite torrent site. it finds just about anything.

i found the album 'music to make love to your old lady by' by lovage. that's all it found. so i'm gonna check that out.

also found 'stereo type a' by cibo matto that i will check out.

i really appreciate it!!

Concrete Blonde, Liz Phair, Heather Nova, PJ Harvey, Throwing Muses, Belly, Juliana Hatfield, and Kate Bush is a goddess!!!

charles, i see you enjoy the lesbians. lol.

why is it that mostly men are giving suggestions? lol. i'm always shocked when guys enjoy the music i listen to. i'm happy about that though!

ya, That is Lovage's only album. It has a lot of Mike Patton singing on it though as well.

Viva La Woman is a good cibo matto album if you end up liking it.

Viva La Woman has "Sugar Water", which is the most hip-swaying song ever.

Mike Patton's voice is a really good compliment to Jennifer Charles' really sex-kittenish voice.

Viva La Woman has "Sugar Water", which is the most hip-swaying song ever.

Mike Patton's voice is a really good compliment to Jennifer Charles' really sex-kittenish voice.

the torrents are downloading. i'm looking forward to it! sex-kittenish voices are always fun ;)

bishopx, can you suggest a particular kate bush album?? there's so many to choose from!

check out sia, feist, and emily haines.

i have a deep hatred for metric. so even though i've been told that her solo stuff is different, i still refuse to listen to it. but thanks for the suggestion! lol.

i recall listening to some sia in the past. she has sung for zero 7 before. but i shall check out her solo stuff as well as feist. thanks ;)