Saturday Night Wrist is a very good album, I don't see why the opinions are so mixed. It has some of pretty much everything you'd expect from Deftones with a couple weak spots (Pink Cellphone in particular). This new album is supposed to sound more like Around the Fur/White Pony I read though but based on this sample I think it will have a good touch of Self Titled and SNW.

of course those days are gone. just like the days of beautiful midnight and AOB are gone for matt. Aob is my favourite album he's done (as is white pony) but i wouldn't want him making another album just like it. move forward, try new things.

progression is a good thing for a band.

Edited by here is no why

The album leaked.. I think I like it more than saturday night wrist.. with highlights for me being: Diamond Eyes, Beauty School, Prince, Rocket Skates, and Sextape. I think it's a more consistent effort than saturday night... no pink cellphone on this one.

SNW - meh..a couple of good songs but overall meh..

it's weird when I was your age (lol) I LOVED adrenaline and around the fur..actually had around the fur on a promo disc(you kids today are spoiled!) They got a little lighter without really branching out the last couple of cd's..it's too hard to be just on and too soft to be jamming, if that makes sense. I find I like the slower songs from the newer cd's..and pretty much front to back on the first two cds.

Anyone check out team sleep? chino's side project? REALLY like welcome to the stage.

I also really like Team Sleep. They're a bit hit and miss though. Formant could be their best song (unreleased instrumental) and Ever Since WWI may be my favourite from their debut. Have you guys heard Kool-Aid Party from their unreleased stuff? It has Mike Patton on vocals. It sounds totally different from their other songs to me and has a very eerie, spooky vibe with MP doing some LOW vocals. Very cool stuff.

I've listened to Diamond Eyes a couple times and I LOVE what I'm hearing at the moment. Could become my favourite Deftones album.