hungte

That's too bad Matt chipped his teeth

"During last night's show I was unlucky enough to have both of my front teeth chipped after the crowd surged during weapon, forcing the mic to hit me in the mouth. The lack of a proper barricade was part of the problem, though the real problem is that a certain percentage of my audience loves nothing more than to act immaturely and improperly.

It is, without question, embarrassing to be an artist that attracts such people.

To those who were there to enjoy themselves and the music please accept my deepest apology for not returning for an encore. I was in considerable pain."

This is off his site though I'm sure most of you visit it daily. ;)

I hope the idiots were arrested or something. i'm glad nothing happened when he was in fredericton. i know the pain of microphones hitting teeth, i took the top half off one of mine, it is incredibly painful. I hope Mr Good can play the show tonight tho.

I think that it's a little unreasonable that the crowd surged during weapon.

I live in Saskatoon (the 2nd major city in Saskatchewan, north of Regina) and I remember when Matt said he would never play there again after he got the shoe thrown at him (I think it was a shoe, but the object is not important). That was during Apparitions, and I though that who ever threw it was some kind of idiot.

I still think what Matt said then is still true, had it happened during Load Me Up, or Hello Time Bomb it wouldn't have been as bad.

Hope the show tonight goes well for him, I know he'll probably play, I remember him talking about tour while he was really sick... He would just get doped up on cough syrup, play the show and crash.

Peace

So many dumbasses out there...

Poor Matt on his birthday, It just has to piss him off that the people he is performing for are stupid enough to go and do something like that.

I know that if it werent for his fans, Matt would be nothing! But cant the fans respect Matt a bit more than they do? This isnt the first time anything like this has happened!

But hopefully this will be the last time anything bad happens (although unlikely...)

Anybody care to disagree with the fact Matt is being mistreated?

*note: it is only a minority of fans that have caused these unfortunate cases. Yet thousands of other true fans and the artist they come to enjoy are the ones who suffer...

OK,

Now how about the opinion of someone who was actually there when it happened.

It is Regina all over again...

Let me tell you, there is a reason why Matt likes soccer so much, its because they are all babies, and have absolutley no pain tolerance.

The truth is, the injury wasnt that bad, he cut 4 songs off the list, played for 40 minutes total(all slow songs), called the people in the audience "fucking morons", and left with no encore.

Can you seriously blame the audience? I was there...Wild Bills has no room for a barrier. The fault lies in the placement of the microphone (right up against the crowd). I mean come on Matt, you have played enough shows in your life to know that your crowd tends to get quite animated...dont you think it wise to NOT have your microphone right up against the crowd?

After this and the Regina incident, I am thinking that Matt isnt much of a rock star at all...he should stick to soccer.

It was real unfortunate for all of the fans there who came a long way (myself and most others included) and at considerable expense, to see a slow 40 minute show, all because of Matts inability to play a rock show.

Well, we weren't there. Did somebody deliberately slam the mic in his face? I doubt it. If it was just people pushing forward as is so common when fans get excited during rocking numbers -- and the heavy parts of weapon are rocking, and the mic is very close to the edge of the stage then it just sounds like an accident to me. But alas, we weren't there. Conversely, throwing toy cars, bottles or anything like that at the stage and the performers is entirely another matter. Those are objectively idiots.... Just think, in the old days (late 70s) it was considered kosher -- by the fans, not the artists -- to spit at the performers ... as a sign of respect if you can believe it. Can you imagine someone spitting at Matthew Good and what his reaction would be?

Ah ha, I just read Canuckmusicfan's post -- that's exactly what I suspected.

Edited by newchrists

alright first welcome to the bored. secondly, have you ever been hit in the mouth with a microphone? that metal fucker hurts.. and yes it was his birthday... he didn't have to play on his birthday but he did anyways eh? I would agree though that wild bills was partly at fault for having such a shitty barrier but yeah even if he was playing slow songs what gives you the right to rush into him? it was a matthew good concert not just a rock concert... he did play songs that he wrote.. may not have been exactly what you wanted but he still played.. and you're angry at him for not playing an encore? well I would be mad too but think of this. if you chipped your front teeth how would you sound? also remember matt is a self proclaimed asshole so yeah if you piss him off (by pushing the mic into his teeh maybe) then he'll fuck you up right back and not play any more songs for you. accident or no it would still hurt quite a bit. but I do feel bad for you guys on not getting your encores.

just my $0.02

Ok, what kind of fan would do that? Jesus, it HURTS to chip a tooth! Most likely, it wasn't on purpose. Cause who would go to a concert to smash a microphone into the musicians face? But even if it wasn't deliberate, you'd think that the fans would have a bit more common sense. So, Canuckmusicfan, don't you dare blame Matt Good for other peoples blatant stupidity. Phh..saying Matt Good isn't much of a rock star is like saying Canada isn't much of a country! Jeez..excuse him for having faith in the audience.

wow,

its easy for all of you to say "poor poor matt"..."shame on those senseless audience members!" Remember, they are hardcore fans just like you all are, and they paid money to him perform. Sure it hurts to have a tooth chipped, sure it was an unfortunate thing to happen to him...but seriously, suck it up.

He sang 4 slow songs after it happened, so obviously the pain wasnt that unbearable...

It's easy for you Bored Members to disagree with those of us who were there that night, because, put simply, you didn't pay for tickets and you didn't drive a long way to see MG.

Sometimes you have to make sacrafices when you are a paid performer(something ol' Matthew isn't used to doing). I know he got paid in full that night, we got shafted. No one in the group even had the decency to tell us why the concert had been cancelled, we were left to figure that out on our own after the roadies began packing up the equipment.

And that crap about playing on your birthday...come on! Dont you work on your birthday?...last time I checked, June 29th isnt "Matthew Good stick it to your fans" day.

Oh boy, this is going to get ugly...

I think at this point it's not even worth arguing any more.

I think that it's brutal that people throw stuff at performers. But I also find it offensive when people stand around at concerts like their waiting for the john.

It's ok to get into the music, it's ok for the people around you to get into the music. You have to learn to control yourself though.

From what I've heard, I believe that the crowd didn't intend on smashing Matt in the face with the mic. The barrier was inappropriate (I've never been to a show that didn't have a barrier, and security to grab surfers).

I would like to just inject this: When Matt sings he doesn't where his glasses, from what I understand he's virtually blind without them (When I watched him play, he appeared unable to find the mic stand just 8 inches from his face).

So I can't blame Matt for not moving the stand, I can blame his crew, for not ensuring the safe.

I don't think that we can expect Matt to perform come hell or high water. To like back to soccer: Big name players like those who play for national sides receive millions of dollars a year (same as other sports *cough* hockey *cough*) and we wouldn't expect them to play with a sprained ankle.

And just to top off this rant, Have you ever tried talking properly with chipped teeth, let alone sing? Maybe Matt stopped playing because he felt the the quality of the show was just not good enough.

Sorry some of the attendees felt they where shafted. I know how you feel, I have driven 3 hours to see Matt in concert, but get over it... your not going to get your money back from us... I know, y don't you write a song about the experience, become a rock star yourself and show Matt how it's done? (if you don't think he's very good at it)

That's about it, Now let the ugliness begin.

Peace

No point in arguing. That's just one person's point of view. I can imagine he would be pissed. I'd be pissed too. He probably had nothing to do with people rushing. If you're a musician, it's your duty to deliver. That's your entire job. It sounds like he thought MG didn't really deliver as much as he could.

MG does sound like a bit of a prick to do that but maybe he was just planning on playing a slow set to begin with.

Anyhow, it's over with. This all could been solved if someone had just put a fucking foam pad over the microphone. It's not that hard.

I was there too for the Banff show, I drove from Estevan Saskatchewan to be there, and I don't blame Matt at all for what he did.

Yeah, the crowd's going to be animated, but anyone with half a brain could have seen that there was, in fact, NO barricade at all. It was people's knees up against the stage. Regardless of what happened to Matt, a crowd that was surging and full of crowd-surfing morons could have resulted in some of the fans at the front getting really badly hurt. So telling him to suck it up is a moot point. When he snapped at the crowd, calling many of those in the back "fucking morons" that were just there to "have a beer and be an ass", he wasn't just doing it for himself, he was doing it for the people (most of which were girls, by the way, and most of which were under 120 pounds) that were right up against the stage and getting their knees hurt really badly every time the crowd pushed forward.

So you can call Matt a sissy all you want. If you want a rock star that isn't going to quit when he gets hurt, and isn't going to give a flying fuck about what happens to his fans at his show, go see a Slipknot show or something.

I've seen what your talking about even with a barricade. I dunno if it makes a significant difference, those people still still get crushed when the crowd surges.

Go answer my poll.

Peace