After listening to it for the past week, I enjoy it more than Machina, easy, and I'd rather listen to it than Gish. Obviously, the scope was limited to just trying to bring the rock on this one, but it paid off. The only problem I have is with the vocals being so high in the mix, but otherwise, it sounds like the Pumpkins.

I find I've been skipping the middle section, from Starz to Neverlost, and (Come On) Let's Go! is kind of a throwaway track.

The bonus tracks fill it out a little better too, so try and get a torrent with them if you can. Death From Above probably should have been on the album, and Stellar sounds like an Adore era cut. Zeitgeist is an all acoustic track that kind of reminds me of Zwan.

The bonus tracks fill it out a little better too, so try and get a torrent with them if you can. Death From Above probably should have been on the album, and Stellar sounds like an Adore era cut. Zeitgeist is an all acoustic track that kind of reminds me of Zwan.

Just heard these two... wish they were included on the album in my opinion.

I agree. The tracks are pretty good though, wonder why they weren't included on the album.

Bloc Party had the same deal with their last album and there were some really good bonus tracks I wish would have made it to the album.

I don't like the marketing ploy either, but I suspect it may have been the record company's idea (not that I'd be surprised if it was Billy's...). The Pumpkins always have b-sides with each release that become available with the singles. I think Death From Above is the Tarantula b-side, so the other two would presumable come out with Doomsday Clock and (That's the Way) My Love Is. I think all the tracks will be available publicly eventually, but we'll have to see.

If you really want them though, just do a quick search. a few music blogs have them up, and you can definitely find a torrent.

hooray for poor sequencing!! you know the album is killer when the bonus tracks are better than what made the actual cut.

i got one step closer to listening to the album the other day, until i read the track listing. now it's one step closer to the recycle bin.

hooray for poor sequencing!! you know the album is killer when the bonus tracks are better than what made the actual cut.

i got one step closer to listening to the album the other day, until i read the track listing. now it's one step closer to the recycle bin.

The b-sides for Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness were better than most of its album tracks too though... and that album is amazing.

Still... Zeitgeist sucks.

Edited by haircut-rabbit