primetime_deliverance

Easy Question

P.S. I've notice a lot of very negative posts about the new album on The Bored in general, and I'm kinda disturbed by it. If you're a fan of Matt's, then you should support him, not nit-pick to find flaws. do you have nothing better to do?

Thats dumb. Saying we must love or even like every song Matt makes is stupid. And if we don't like something we should just shut-up about it?

I'd rather people be honest & real than lie & be fake...which is pretty much what Hospital Music is about, right?

So i guess you are the Jennifer Good of these boards. Ahahahaaaaaaa j/k........

Wow, it's so strange to hear that so many people here dislike the new album. Maybe I was misled into thinking fans of Matt's would be posting here -obviously not everyone is. Some people don't grow up along with the artists, I guess.

P.S.After listening to the album only once, I don't think you could possibly understand the album. Give it another shot.

You're speaking complete nonsense again. I'm a huge fan of Matt's (both as an artist and as a person) yet I've listened to Hospital Music enough times to realize I don't like it. The direction he has taken his music is of no interest to me, I'll come right out and say that the songs that are really "honest" such as she's in it for the money are the ones I like the least.

Since when do fans need to love every piece of work that the artist they support puts out? Being a fan does not mean forsaking your ability to actually think critically. Hospital Music is a sub par release for many reasons, but since this album was more for him then it was for us, I'm cool with that.

P.S. I've notice a lot of very negative posts about the new album on The Bored in general, and I'm kinda disturbed by it. If you're a fan of Matt's, then you should support him, not nit-pick to find flaws. do you have nothing better to do?

That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard here in a while. Because you're a Matt Good fan then you should just consume everything he puts out regardless of whether you like it or not? When Matt says "Art is art it's a completely subjective thing" he means it for negative and positive reviews.

Being a fan means you like what he does. Not liking something doesn't mean you're not a fan anymore. You have 11 years worth of material to make yourself a fan. You have to be a gullible fanboy (fangirl) if you're the kind of person who likes everything Matt puts out without actually evaluating if you like it or not.

As far as negative comments about the album on The Bored, this place is a place to talk about Matthew Good, not a place to worship Matthew Good. There's no MG bashing, just commenting. If there is MG bashing then the mods will act as they are supposed to. But if you say that you're disappointed with the album, where the bad in that?

Its hard to answer that question now. I feel that to determine a song for a top ten list, it must be considered in a few years. When the song is fresh it is on your mind and in your head. I a year it is not as fresh and gives you a better gage if it is a truely good song or just a new song. I hope this makes sence, it did in my head.

She's in it for the Money oddly enough is in my top 5. Born Losers when I first heard it didn't stand out at all. In fact, knowing some of the others from his acoustic show, I was sort of pissed that he released Born Losers as his single, knowing others were far better. Over time though, I've come to actually like that more then almost any other songs on Hospital Music, except for She's in it for the Money.