Crusader

Scabby People

So with the writers strike still ongoing and shows like Jay Leno's, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and the others back on the air... how do you feel about them going on without their writers?

It seems a bit scabby for them to be back on the air but I know most of them had the choice of getting fired or going on the air.

I like Conan, Stewart, and Colbert but I honestly don't know how to feel with them continuing without their writers since they've implied that they're unionmen themselves.

And Leno just seems like an ass so I just gave up on watching him.

They've got some pretty epic strike beards at least. From what I've seen they're giving the cause a lot of press and the shows aren't as good without the writers. If nothing else it's a tangible example of exactly what we're missing while they refuse to give them a decent contract.

Another reason they went back to work is because the other people who work on the show (production side) were kind of not making any money, and I'm thinking they make less than the writers and hosts.

They've got some pretty epic strike beards at least. From what I've seen they're giving the cause a lot of press and the shows aren't as good without the writers. If nothing else it's a tangible example of exactly what we're missing while they refuse to give them a decent contract.

Sadly Leno's ratings were up, and twice as high as Letterman's. How I don't know, he is horribly unfunny.

i have no problem with them being back at work because this strike was unfair to all the non writers and stars. I agree with the writers reason for striking but i felt bad for all the make up people and camera people who were getting fucked out of a paycheque because of the strike

I'm with you on that Tim to a point. Hell yes it sucked for everyone...but the writers needed a contract, and they were asking for more equity. This will have a trickle down effect, all of the lower paid workers in the industry, will not have to struggle as much to get a raise in the near future.

'Scabby people' LOL. Amazing title. Here's me thinking it's going to be about literally scabby people - like lepers on TV.

I thought that was a ridiculous notion so I immediately dismissed it, but I thought that too for a minute there. ;)

Update, though: Last Wednesday and Thursday Stewart and Colbert had their writers back. Yesterday was a rerun so I'm not sure if this week is all reruns to give the writers time to write... but at least their writers are back. I liked the 2 shows (what I saw) without the writers, and I didn't find them to be particularly rude for doing so, but I did miss the weird little segments that the writers make. I'm also glad that the strike is winding down and agreements are being made.

Have the other late night talk shows' writers come back?