decomposinglight

U.s. Presidential Race

Indeed.

Take, for example, the recent comments about Obama winning "boutique... latte-sipping states." (Original Citation: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...null&offset=12)

It's hilarious because Hillary is often seen drinking Starbucks (http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/51493432.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEC60E2FB0985FF5CBA40A659CEC4C8CB6) and she won New York and California (uhhmm San Francisco, anyone?). So Obama won Washington, where Starbucks was created, but how are the recent additions Mississippi and Wyoming falling into this category? Another Clintonian adviser, Joel Ferguson, said that second class delegates are those who live in red states because those states won't vote democratic in the general election. Now, does all of this mean Hillary only likes the people in the states she wins (or even more minimally - deal breaking states), or does she like America as a whole? I'm thinkin' she's doing this for her, she's doing it to win and be the best. She's not doing it for the American people.

Discuss.

Aside from recent news about Samantha Power, Ferraro, Pelosi's strange remarks about the "dream-ticket," Mark Penn, and Governor Rendell, I found this: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...ogram_disputed/

i'm really fucking nervous, to be honest. i feel like bush instated some sort of franchise in american politics. there are jebs and lauras and daughters and cheneys to worry about now, not to mention the fact that the average american has been raised on lies, and is entirely full of shit.

but i have fully pondered the idea of the clintons being some sort of franchise; instated to lull out a false sense of confidence in a country where the public's perception of politics mirror those perceptions of a naive virgin who has been cheated on, towards love, and that they are the type to keep us buying through what could potentially be "the great deppression x 1000000."

Disappointed Hillary won 3 states on March 4th.  But she won the Texas primaries by a very slim margin so she only got 65 delegate votes compared to 61 for Obama.

Actually, 2 states! Because of Obama's huge caucus advantage, when that and the superdelegates are factored in, he nets 3 delegates over Clinton in Texas--thus, an Obama victory in the state.

Yes, I signed in for the first time in a year to post that.

~ James

Dan #2: *blink* That's a little exaggerated, but I have the same kind of fears sometimes. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me for there to be "dynasties" or any kind of nepotism. Mix it up a bit! And Hillary I think would just be bad; she's got so many things she's trying to hide from us.

You guys know what I found out today from my Geography professor? Well, you don't, but I'm gonna tell you: John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone. The rest of this article is kinda wonky but see here: http://www.newsmax.com/lowell_ponte/John_M...7/16/18349.html

Hillary dragging this out and Nader's bullshit run, is just giving the whole damned thing to McCain...they never fucking learn, do they?

D-Lite you're hired.

HOLY SHIT JAMES!!! Dude what have you been up to, are you still playing out? What's up?

Edited by bishopx

I think that will be how Obama beats McCain....the fact that he didn't play dirty, and the 5 years of war. I was unable to make the protests here, but I would have liked to have been there. It's not about supporting the troops, they have my utmost support, I have friends and family over there. It's about not supporting the reasons and the lies that put them there in the first place.

Exactly, without our support they're out there on there own, because the people who sent them there, just don't give a shit. The more this shit continues the worse it makes the presidential election. I'm thinking Hillary is going to drag this all the way...and we'll be in republican hell for another 4 to 8 years.

What's hilarious is that the news is totally fawning over Hillary now. They keep criticizing Obama's race speech and bolstering Hillary's status by saying that she gave a speech on health care 3 days after she became first lady and met with people to talk about health care the day Bill was supposed to be fucking Monica (even when she didn't make the health care plan she says she did...). GAHHHH.

I'm not so sure about the accusation that the media is fawning over Clinton now. Even Fox News anchor Chris Wallace and one of the guys from Fox and Friends (whose name I forget) have recently criticized that network for "Obama-bashing"! MSNBC seems to be giving Barack a fair shake too, with most anchors, correspondents, and guests admitting that Clinton's days are numbered, barring some incredible reversal of fortune via superdelegates (a theory held mostly by conservatives like Buchanan who would rather see Hillary crushed in November.) Hell, MSNBC even canned Tucker! I can't stand the clusterfuck of graphics surrounding the screen on CNN, so I don't know what's going on there these days.

Does anyone think Richardson's endorsement will have an impact on the race? I don't think so on its own, but it could have a snowball effect for Obama if he can chain together more positives like this. The Richardson announcement was a nice return to the jovial Obama I've missed seeing in the past couple of weeks while he's endured the McClinton shitstorm.

I'm amazed by the attention paid to national polling at this stage of the election. Today, Obama leads McCain by several points, last week he was trailing... these numbers really have no bearing on what's going to go down in November. I have the feeling a lot of McCain supporters are going to be shaking in their boots when Clinton bows out and the Democratic party is united.

@Christing: Haha, I've been meaning to try to record one not so cruddy, but I've been terribly ill this week.

@bishop: Yeah!

That's only a few guys. On the whole, they join in the bashing (or at least they were - maybe they've all realized it's gone too far now). And when you're bashing Obama (even if you aren't putting Hillary on a pedastal, which I know for a fact MSNBC was yesterday afternoon), it seems like you're championing Hillary. Anyone can see Hillary's days are numbered, but that's not necessarily saying that Obama is good or sticking up for him against current criticisms. I think CNN might like Obama a bit more than MSNBC, but I know what you mean about the graphics - it's getting crazy over there.

The purpose of this video is a little off-topic, but some of the information is striking and relevant to my point:

As for Richardson's endorsement, I think it might reel in a few more Hispanic supporters, but it won't make a big splash. As you said, he needs to keep the good stuff on a role. And in the wake of his race speech and the Passport file leakage, it's going to be hard. Not to say he won't win the nomination or anything, but the Obama "image" hasn't looked overly positive these past few days. I hope something else comes up to boost his confidence. ;)

Haha, I can't say anything in defense of Fox, I was just pleasantly surprised to see the few being reasonable for once. I tend to stick with Olbermann, Matthews, and Russert for my TV news, so that's probably why I've missed the Hillary ballyhooing--though, I was surprised to hear Chris Matthews say that he had expected John Edwards to endorse Hillary by now. Hopefully it was just a misstatement; as someone who's followed Edwards' career pretty closely, I can't imagine a scenario where he'd choose Clinton over Obama. You think the race speech is a negative? Parts were him telling America what we need to hear instead of what we want to hear, as he put it earlier in the campaign, but "America is more than the sum of its parts." and "Out of many, we are one." certainly sound like positive Obama to me!

Prediction: Religious Right pins Obama as Biblical demon after comparison of "Out of many, we are one." and "Our name is Legion: for we are many."

Edited by marx marvelous

I agree that Edwards would endorse Obama over Hillary. It's actually a surprise to me that Richardson endorsed Obama, although it might be because of all the negativity Hillary has forced onto Obama... If you saw the New Hampshire Debates, it was Hillary+Richardson vs. Obama+Edwards, but by the end of it Richardson was getting a little more close (figuratively) with Obama and less so with Hillary. Interesting!

I don't think the race speech is a negative in itself. It was a grand speech. But the response to it has been "Is this enough? Is it the right time? What does he mean by race? He's black! OMG HIS PASTOR! This doesn't change what his pastor believes!" Gah.

Hah, I'd love to see that. Post it if they do start the comparisons.

Maybe Hillary is actually doing Obama a favor by dredging all this up now so it won't have as much of an impact in the general!

I know exactly what you mean about the Clinton/Richardson-Obama/Edwards tag team. I thought Richardson seemed like a bit of a Hillary sycophant in some other debates too, and figured he'd gun for Clinton's VP spot--major points to him for joining the Obama team after all.

Who would you like to see running with Obama? John Edwards is my dream VP (I was an Edwards voter until it was clear that he wasn't going to get the nomination and he started taking desperate swipes at Obama.) If Obama continues to struggle with blue collar Democrats, it might help to have a southern populist like Edwards on board, and several of Barack's policies (healthcare among them) are carbon copies of things Edwards proposed much earlier in the campaign.

edit: Praise Obama, Lord of Lords, King of Kings!!! ulululululululululu

Edited by marx marvelous

Good point.

It was so weird how they all hugged in the middle of that debate before the Demos went on..

I want the Obama/Edwards ticket, too. I personally love Edwards and I liked his policies better than Obama's before Edwards dropped out. The only thing that bothered me about him was that he kinda had a Jimmy Carter smile haha - images of ineffectiveness (and I know it wasn't JC's fault, but yeah). Luckily that won't bother me as much since he'd be VP. What were these desperate swipes at Obama? I was less interested in the name-calling then because the number of choices wasn't narrowed down, so maybe you can enlighten me.

The Obama/Edwards ticket would be the best, Hillary has fucked herself out of any shot at it. She's really disappointed me. The networks have been pretty fair to Obama , I agree. I just wish Hillary would concede so we can focus on the real fight

Damn James, it's good to have you and your lucid thoughts back on the block. You were missed bro.

Haha the fact that you don't want to admit to it only makes it more nerdy. Don't hide from the Pokemons! You know you liek mudkip!

Where is Obama going to be Wednesday?

I just got an email from him that says if you donate any amount by March 31st you'll be entered to win a dinner with him and 3 other donors.

Greensboro, NC! No I don't "liek" Mudkip. And have fun with Swampert's lame-ass water/ground attacks that are only strong v. fire/electric opponents MEANWHILE Blaziken can learn Earthquake/Fire Blast/Mega Kick/Thunder Punch. That's right, Thunder Punch. Fuck. You. ;)

Edited by marx marvelous