This seemed like the place to ask. I remember about a year ago Matt previewed a couple of tracks from Ryan Dahle's supposedly upcoming solo album. Here we are a year later and I can't find any info about this release. Did it ever come out? Is there any news that it might ever come out? Does anybody know anything about it at all?

It's about time we get some info on this album again, although still no release date but they also posted a couple more new songs on the myspace so that will do for now. They really don't like to update their fans. I've been looking forward with giddy anticipation to this album for a couple years now. I have half the album now though so I don't have too much to complain about although I wish I'd just wait to hear the whole thing and not snatch every new song that's put up. I'm also glad to see Windmilling there but I was hoping I would see Nurse Spitfire which I recall being one of the best of the demos.

And...... BAM!!!

Irrational Anthems will be out August 25! I don't know where the heck it'll be available. It just says August 25th on Ryan's site that finally has something on it and apparently it's through Sandbag Records so you can see it on their site as well.

ryan-cover-alone-low.jpg

After doing some searching it seems HMV and CD Plus will be selling the album. I don't know of where else though. Please post if you find it elsewhere to buy a physical copy.

It now shows up on both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com. But I'm more interested in actual stores.

Edited by Manchalivin

It's a good album... glad to hear a new version of Agoraphobe on there. However, I think that the problem with this album is that we have heard all these songs several times before. Like Chop Chop I first heard live back in 2004 when I/O was released, and the other songs have been myspaced many times too...

I ordered it from Sandbagrecords.com yesterday for $17. I figured it would be at least as much or probably a little more in stores and I'm not sure whether I'd be able to get to a store that sold it or not within the next week or two so figured I'd go for it. I hope they're trustworthy.

Yeah so with taxes it would be roughly the same price. And I'm sure at CD Plus or wherever else they sell it it would be about the same or more. Cool that they had lots of copies. Too bad I rarely go to the malls that have those stores or I could have it sooner.

What do you think of the album by the way?

Really glad Dahle is still making music, he's a fantastic writer and it's a shame he doesn't get more credit for what he does. If anyone in the Edmonton area is looking for the record the Black Byrd Music Shop and whatever the other one is down on White Ave both have the album (or they did at least). Anyways, on a somewhat related matter I was wondering if anyone had any older demos from this record? I know a few were posted back in 05 I think but there's one in specific called "Marching With Horse Flies (at least I think that's what it was called) that I haven't been able to find and it's not on the new record. If anyone would be willing to post it I'd be much obliged.

Edited by daniel_v