sodamntired

I Miss New Wave

It's not #1 for me but definitely a top 10 or maybe even 5.

Always nice to see little stories like that and damn right "the much superior Canadian version of BM".

Yeah, with the U.S. version you're missing out on not just New Wave but two other fantastic songs (and you get weird blanks instead of "machine gun" and "kill"). The only saving grace of the U.S. version is the heavier remix of HTB, as I've said before in another thread.

yeah, it was because it was released right after Columbine.

Kill and Machine Gun have proven to drive most suicidal teenagers to kill their classmates.

The More You Know

*cue theme*

Yeah, I figured as much. People always seem to get really dumb after tragedies like that, with the media pointing fingers at stupid things (video games, Marilyn Manson, Matthew Good Band song titles) instead of actually addressing the actual roots of the problem. And that's a tragedy on top of a tragedy.

a few points about comparing the us and canadian versions of beautiful midnight. first, your tracklist for the us one, there is also a regular us version, not just clean version.... i have both. second, hello time bomb is not the only song remixed. remixing is evident on load me up also, the feedback(i think it's feedback) guitar part after the lead solo, is way louder, and the guitar tone sounds different/crunchier during the 'i'm frantic....' section. and if i'm not mistaken, according to the album credits, deep six, strange days and automatic are all 'remixed'.

new wave is a definite favorite of mine. that song made an immediate impact upon listening to bm, the sonic atmosphere of the song, it seemed so desperate, just fantastic.

trading that for deep six sucks.

however, apparitions and automatic for let's get it on, and going all the way. i like all four of those songs, and the album is meant to have all the way, and let's get it on, but i don't die without them like i do new wave. and for someone just getting to know mg, how fucking awesome is the album with the us tracklisting, it's got more singles than it knows what to do with.

so the us version is a hit factory, and a couple of those remixes are great, but the integrity of the album is sacrificed...

so you choose to preserve the album in it's original form.

I've never really paid Manson a lot of attention over the years and I didn't pay much attention to the whole Columbine affair at the time (little too young/preoccupied), but I've gained respect for the guy. Like you said Matt, I don't think I could have made it through that O'Reilly interview without slapping the smug bastard.

The whole fear and consumption bit is still just as applicable today as it was then. Sad commentary on society, seems history is doomed to repeat itself.

He may be brilliant in some aspects but he's dumber than shit in others.

I thought you were being facetious with your first comment. The second comment is applicable to every person, isn't it. Do you have any more redundant statements you'd like to make today?

No no that's not what I mean. I know it's applicable to every person to a certain degree but he's just messed up. Any brilliance he may have as far as being a business man you can say about a lot of people with serious problems, like prostitutes for one example. But does that make prostitutes respectable? No.

a few points about comparing the us and canadian versions of beautiful midnight. first, your tracklist for the us one, there is also a regular us version, not just clean version.... i have both. second, hello time bomb is not the only song remixed. remixing is evident on load me up also, the feedback(i think it's feedback) guitar part after the lead solo, is way louder, and the guitar tone sounds different/crunchier during the 'i'm frantic....' section. and if i'm not mistaken, according to the album credits, deep six, strange days and automatic are all 'remixed'.

Yeah, I know those were all remixed but HTB was the one that really stood out for me as being better than the original. I might want to relisten to the remixes. I do remember Strange Days not having as much echo to it, and Load Me Up being heavier. The remixes of Deep Six and EIA I felt were too clean sounding, part of the charm of Underdogs was the raw, unprocessed feel of it.

Why is that FREAK being brought up on a Matthew Good fan forum?

1. Someone mentioned how the U.S. version is missing I Miss New Wave.

2. The censorship of the titles in said version was said to be a result of the Columbine massacre.

3. I mentioned how people blamed the wrong things for said tragedy, including Manson.

4. Video was posted of Manson making very astute observations about popular culture.

5. No discussion really involved his music, his persona, etc. just that he made some very good points.

Sorry if that sounds like a smartass answer, but you did ask.

I miss mr belevedere and Larry and Balki. Thank god for youtube

part of me misses those too.

but, I miss this more

what were we talking about again?

oh yeah,

I Miss New Wave Rules all of this.

memory: I asked all the djs at the radio station I was Manager of back in college, "who is your favorite 80's band?" and the response I got from a few was, "I was born in 1990, so I don't listen to 80s music."

poor poor kids. are you born and grew up in the 90s, You have failed to even listen to awesome 80s groups?

shame, shame on them.

Edited by sodamntired