Ideal Setlist

SHOW #1

1. Little Terror

2. The Future Is X-Rated

3. Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

4. Via Dolorosa

5. Odette

6. Suburbia

7. What If I Can't See the Stars, Mildred?

8. Garden of Knives

9. Weapon

10. Non-Populus

11. The Workers Sing A Song of Mass Production

12. House of Smoke and Mirrors

13. Can't Get Shot in the Back If You Don't Run

14. Hopeless

15. Near Fantastica

16. Mutineering

17. Champions of Nothing

18. Giant

19. We're So Heavy

20. Sort of a Protest Song

21. Apparitions

22. While We Were Hunting Rabbits

23. Champions of Nothing

24. Born To Kill

25. True Love Will Find You In the End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHOW #2

1. Man of Action

2. Load Me Up / Generation X-Wing

3. The Boy Who Could Explode

4. Fearless

5. A Single Explosion

6. How It Goes

7. Prime Time Deliverance

8. Avalanche

9. Strange Days

10. Advertising on Police Cars

11. Born Losers

12. The Rat Who Would Be King

13. Guns of Carolina

14. Annabelle

15. The Boy Come Home

16. Tripoli

17. Empty's Themepark

18. Change of Season

19. Flashdance II

20. Failing the Rorschach Test

21. Carmelina

22. Letters In Wartime

23. Symbolistic White Walls

24. Running For Home

25. Last Parade

If you had to choose between attending one of these shows which one would you pick and why?

Edited by here is no why

I think I'd lean more towards setlist 2 since it has some more of my personal favourites in it. Last Parade, Man of Action, and Prime Time all in one set would be so great. Overall I prefer the composition of setlist 2 as well, and I feel that it would flow better than set 1.

On a side note, has Matt ever played Annabelle live?

Set list 2, for Prinetime Deliverance, Rat Who Would Be King, Failing the Rorscach and Running for Home. I would miss Garden of Knives but those would more than make up for it, along with a few other favorites I saw in there at second glance.

Nice setlists. I like the first one more. There are lots of gems in there. I would love to hear Born to Kill again. I think the last time I heard that song live was in June 2001 at the Stampede Corral. That was THE song that drew me to the Matthew Good Band in the first place and made me a permanent fan of rock and roll in general. That True Love song would be a nice way to finish off the set. It would be nice to hear House of Smoke and Mirrors as well.

I like the second setlist too,because it includes Empty's Themepark. I always liked that song.

Nice setlists. I like the first one more. There are lots of gems in there. I would love to hear Born to Kill again. I think the last time I heard that song live was in June 2001 at the Stampede Corral. That was THE song that drew me to the Matthew Good Band in the first place and made me a permanent fan of rock and roll in general. That True Love song would be a nice way to finish off the set. It would be nice to hear House of Smoke and Mirrors as well.

I like the second setlist too,because it includes Empty's Themepark. I always liked that song.

I was at that show too, and yeah, haven't heard BTK since then.

I'd have to go with #2 simply because I'd love to hear Man of Action and TRWWBK live.

Personally, I'd love if he started doing album tours, though I don't think he'd ever play MGB albums.

I was at that show too, and yeah, haven't heard BTK since then.

Maybe he never wants to sing BTK live like how Radiohead never wants perform Creep live ever again.

Maybe he never wants to sing BTK live like how Radiohead never wants perform Creep live ever again.

They were actually attempting to play it during the Arrows of Desire tour, but they ran out of steam near the end and never got around to it.

If you had put Born to Kill and Fearless on the same setlist that would have made it easy. As it stands, I'm having a hard time deciding!

Side note, I was listening to Man of Action this morning while i was getting ready for work and it just really hit the spot. I hadn't listened to it in a while but sometimes it just feels so right.

I'd die to hear NP and NF in the same set. In fact, if he ever did NF again, I'd die. But if he added "Black Helicopter" for good measure, that'd be the icing on the cake.

Edited by adrianf74

Not a chance. I wish! Always loved that song from the first time i ever heard it. Not sure why.

Damn! Was really hoping that he had and that maybe there was a copy out there somewhere in the interwebs. Annabelle is one of my favourite songs by him (I normally listen to it as a pick me up) so that's pretty disappointing :/ Seeing how far he is into his career I doubt we'll ever see it then. Guess we can't hear 'em all though.

They were actually attempting to play it during the Arrows of Desire tour, but they ran out of steam near the end and never got around to it.

No way! Where did you hear that?

I remember hearing gursky's recording of one of Matt's Edmonton concerts. Someone in the crowd yelled out for him to perform Born To Kill. Matt made a few comments about the song after that. It kind of sounded like he's not a fan of the song.