Zukiki

New Toronto Show On Sale Now; Massey Hall Sept 20 W/ Jay Baruchel

New Acoustic Show on sale, looks like it might be interesting:

"Conversation, music and a little mayhem. Watch, listen, and join in as Matt Good and Jay Baruchel (acclaimed Canadian actor) take the stage and jam on anything and everything that comes to mind. No topic taboo, no rules, no script...The only plan is to expose each other’s dark humour, wit, and unparalleled world knowledge with a little meaningless information. All this mixed with Matthew Good's legendary acoustic performance will make for one night to remember."

For Presale Tickets Go here: http://www.roythomso...WOFGoodBaruchel

Click on the "Click Here" link on the right.

Then in the top right corner, enter the presale code: PREFN3

Public On-Sale: Thurs Aug 14 @ 10am EST, same link as above

Edited by Zukiki
  • Upvote 1

It should be interesting. Of course I doubt it will be as great as the first acoustic show at Massey Hall, but it will certainly have its highlights I'm sure.

I'm coming up for this, too. (I was at the solo Massey show in 2007, and couldn't pass this up.)

Anyone want to grab food somewhere beforehand? Eaton Centre / Yonge-Dundas is right there.

Also - big writeup about the show in yesterday's Star:

http://www.thestar.c...laboration.html

Edited by uglyredhonda

So the rumour was that Jeremy Taggart might be playing drums for Matt tonight at Massey? Was that true? Jeremy was the drummer for Our Lady Peace since the beginning but recently split with the band (which I don't blame him for, they haven't exactly been pushing any envelopes recently).

Jeremy has done some really cool stuff in the past so it's cool if he was working with Matt on a live show, if true.

Attended.... what a one of a kind show. So fantastic to see Matt cut loose and be the hilarious, wry guy we know he can be.

Jeremy Taggart did indeed show and played a 7 minute drum solo jam. Wade MacNeil also showed and got to be the human easel for a map drawing shtick that was funnier somehow than it should have been. Lucky woman took Matt's handiwork home.

Setlist! (Pretty sure I got it all between belly laughs) http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/matthew-good/2014/massey-hall-toronto-on-canada-13cf2569.html

Damn bronchitis. Had to sell my tickets (first row, centre gallery) which would've netted a great recording. There was just *NO* way it was gonna happen (had to sell my Watchmen tickets for the night before as well).

I hope an audio recording of this show shows up because the set list was great and the show sounds like it was a lot of fun.

I'm definitely hoping for a recording... I got stuck near this girl who felt the need to loudly and badly sing along with every song between bursts of trying to make out with her boyfriend, who looked both bored and horrified. Our entire row just kept hoping someone would slip her a valium or ten.

Wonder if Massey got all the donut off the carpets after the show... Jay whipped them all over the damn place.

I'm definitely hoping for a recording... I got stuck near this girl who felt the need to loudly and badly sing along with every song between bursts of trying to make out with her boyfriend, who looked both bored and horrified. Our entire row just kept hoping someone would slip her a valium or ten.

Wonder if Massey got all the donut off the carpets after the show... Jay whipped them all over the damn place.

I hate people like that. That was the intention of buying the seats where I did so I could, at the very least, not have somebody like that right in front (worked well for Tori back in August). People like that need to reminded that other people paid to see/listen to a show and not them. :/

I heard about the donuts... I'm sure there was some carpet cleaning bills added to their final charges. :)

Damn bronchitis. Had to sell my tickets (first row, centre gallery) which would've netted a great recording. There was just *NO* way it was gonna happen (had to sell my Watchmen tickets for the night before as well).

I hope an audio recording of this show shows up because the set list was great and the show sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Ouch. I made the trek from Buffalo for both Matt Good and The Watchmen this weekend and they were both fantastic.

I tried to record a couple videos from the balcony and got stopped. I hope other people had better luck than me.

Ouch. I made the trek from Buffalo for both Matt Good and The Watchmen this weekend and they were both fantastic.

I tried to record a couple videos from the balcony and got stopped. I hope other people had better luck than me.

Yeah. It sucked that our whole weekend got axed because of this thing.

I know that the Watchmen shows were filmed and audio captured (audio for possible future release by the band). Massey Hall has the most gestapo ushers as far as cameras/video go; you need to be very low-key when doing it.

Yeah. It sucked that our whole weekend got axed because of this thing.

I know that the Watchmen shows were filmed and audio captured (audio for possible future release by the band). Massey Hall has the most gestapo ushers as far as cameras/video go; you need to be very low-key when doing it.

I get it. I had to skip out on The Watchmen a couple years ago due to bronchitis.

Great to hear The Watchmen might release some live recordings again. It was my first time at Massey Hall and I had an aisle seat so I guess low-key wasn't much of an option. I did manage to get Tripoli though.

The show was fantastic, though my girlfriend didn't think so. She was expecting a certain level of professionalism and organization. I had no expectations, so I certainly wasn't let down. Upon hearing what she thought, I can definitely agree and understand if others may have been dissapointed.

I was just thoroughly entertained. Matt seemed to really enjoy himself, and having Lance on the stage running the bar was a really cool concept. Everyone looked like they were having fun.

Whenever Matt performs a solo type show, there always seemed to be a bunch of jackasses who think they can be part of the show, and you can always tell Matt isn't really impressed with it. So because of the circumstances, I think Matt embraced that culture for a night and let everyone just wing it and be part of the night.

It was still annoying at times, there were a few sets of girls that kept running up to the stage to get selfies with Jay, and there were two groups of women that invited themselves up on the stage to just hang out and enjoy the free drinks. They got up there during the Q and A at the beginning by saying they were huge fans. Of course once they were up there, they just talked and played aroun on their phones. Never really payed attention to the music, with the exception of "Load Me Up" (fucking of course) which prompted one of them to do a ridiculously humiliating dance.

So yeah, it was cool. For a one off, I was game for just about anything. If it was a full tour with more performances, I'd probably expect a little more, and I might be disappointed. But it was neat. Got to see Warne and Jeremy Taggart. He played "Tripoli", so I can officially cross that off my Massey Hall bucket list. I freaked the fuck out. And he played SOAPS and SWW, which was a first for me. As far as recordings go, I didn't get anything that great. I didn't have trouble from ushers like everyone else, but I was front and centre in the first balcony. I'm always blown away every time I get to go there. It's such an amazing venue, and it feels so small and personal.

Sounds like just about everything else got covered. Oh yeah, they played The National's "mistaken for strangers" when the show was done, which is always a nice touch, because I love that song. All in all a good night. All I ever wanted to do was sit and relax at Masey Hall with a beer in my hand and watch a Matt Good acoustic show. First time he played here, you couldn't bring your booze outside of the bar area downstairs. It was wonderful :)

This show didn't touch Massey 2007, but I thought it was brilliant in a totally different way. I loved the chaos of it. I'll admit that it was a little bit disappointing that the comedy would sometimes interfere with the music - them playing NHL '94 (terribly) was a funny idea, but distracting to the song (especially right in the middle of "Blue Skies"). But I was impressed with how strong Matt sounded the whole night - he seemed nervous for much of Massey 2007, and that was completely gone on Saturday. Having seen that on Saturday, I wish he'd do one real solo show there again, just because I think he'd tear the roof off of the place.

If they could keep the music and the comedy more separated, I would easily pay to see that show again.

I was surprised by how undersold it was. (Maybe it was the lack of promotion.) I'm worried that it'll dissuade further solo shows.

I was sitting dead center upper deck. Wade must have been sitting right behind me, because it looked like they were pointing straight at me when they were looking for him, and it completely freaked me out. Btw - the audience was good upstairs, with the exception of two women to my left who were drinking pretty hard early and then started responding to Matt and Jay as if they were right there. (They were also talking - loudly - during Matt's songs. I kept wondering if the jokier vibe made people think that it was okay to be loud.)

And, Jesse - I was definitely singing "Mistaken for Strangers" on the way out. :)

Btw - I don't want to step on this (in case something happens), but you guys may want to check the NF Lounge a little later this week. (Sneak preview - I'm really, really happy with the little I've checked out - though it'll be missing something without the visuals.)

• Upvote 1

I must have been very close to you then!

I thought for the one off that it was, it was fun hearing some of the guys on stage talking during some of the music, and poking fun at Matt and the subject matter of the music. The NHL was funny too. I really was hoping somebody had have scored. I'm sure Matt would't have agreed to do it if he wasnt ok with the crowd reacting to what was going on behind him.

Yeah, his voice sounded great for the majority of the night. Massey always helps. I don't remember him being that off in the 2007 show, but I do recall a few fuck ups, might have also been the booze. And you're right, nothing is going to touch the epicness of that original show. He had the whole place by the balls that night.

Btw - I don't want to step on this (in case something happens), but you guys may want to check the NF Lounge a little later this week. (Sneak preview - I'm really, really happy with the little I've checked out - though it'll be missing something without the visuals.)

Any chance of some help for a non-Lounge member if this happens? : /