foats

Cover songs

Which songs/bands would you guys like to hear Matt cover?  Either in a live setting or on an album? For some reason I just imagined Matt singing "Karma Police" by Radiohead and I think it would be the perfect cover for him to do.   Any thoughts?

Which songs/bands would you guys like to hear Matt cover?  Either in a live setting or on an album? For some reason I just imagined Matt singing "Karma Police" by Radiohead and I think it would be the perfect cover for him to do.   Any thoughts?

In the days when Matt sang in the higher octave, an older style Radiohead song would have sounded great in his style.  Motion Picture Soundtrack and Exit Music would have been great choices.

I'd still love to hear his version of Ahead by a Century that he did earlier this year.  It would suit him well.

I like to wonder who his favourite artists are and sometimes think we have similar tastes. We are roughly same age, English ex pats ( I'm Liverpool supporter, he's Arsenal but I'll let him off on that).

DM was my fav band as a young teen and he did Enjoy the Silence. Kate Bush is one of my fav artists and I was so so surprised and pleased he did that too. I def think he's a Radiohead fan. I also love Explosions in the Sky and post-rock atmospheric stuff like Sigur Ros and I love Non-Populous for having a bit of that influence.

I also hear some Peter Gabriel at times- I would be blown away if he did Games Without Frontiers or Mercy Street.

Edited by Allthewayout

I like to wonder who his favourite artists are and sometimes think we have similar tastes. We are roughly same age, English ex pats ( I'm Liverpool supporter, he's Arsenal but I'll let him off on that).

DM was my fav band as a young teen and he did Enjoy the Silence. Kate Bush is one of my fav artists and I was so so surprised and pleased he did that too. I def think he's a Radiohead fan. I also love Explosions in the Sky and post-rock atmospheric stuff like Sigur Ros and I love Non-Populous for having a bit of that influence.

I also hear some Peter Gabriel at times- I would be blown away if he did Games Without Frontiers or Mercy Street.

He's spoken about his favourite artists in different instances before ... Talk Talk, Afghan Whigs, Billy Bragg, Jeff Tweedy and Wilco, Miles Davis, he's spoken about growing up with Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan ... he did a curated video playlist and the bands included Pulp, Sloan, Radiohead, Kate Bush ...he is a fan of Led Zep "used to play Led Zeppelin IV" in It's Been A While ... and the whole concept of WLRRR was getting back to what he considered to be a high water mark in music production - the mid to late 70's ... he says the greatest moment of his career was opening for The Who, for which Ex-Pats .... is a direct homage to ... Something Like A Storm was representative of his love for Explosions ....

EDIT* 

Thought of a few more ... Daniel Johnston, Nick Cave and Tom Waits he has also spoken highly of to my recollection...especially DJ

Edited by andydanger85

He's spoken about his favourite artists in different instances before ... Talk Talk, Afghan Whigs, Billy Bragg, Jeff Tweedy and Wilco, Miles Davis, he's spoken about growing up with Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan ... he did a curated video playlist and the bands included Pulp, Sloan, Radiohead, Kate Bush ...he is a fan of Led Zep "used to play Led Zeppelin IV" in It's Been A While ... and the whole concept of WLRRR was getting back to what he considered to be a high water mark in music production - the mid to late 70's ... he says the greatest moment of his career was opening for The Who, for which Ex-Pats .... is a direct homage to ... Something Like A Storm was representative of his love for Explosions ....

EDIT*

Thought of a few more ... Daniel Johnston, Nick Cave and Tom Waits he has also spoken highly of to my recollection...especially DJ

Ah, I missed that playlist he made- thanks.

Will check it out.

Yes Lana is amazing. She seems really authentic to me. No Max Martin writing those tunes for her. She genuinely struggled with nerves in live performances and wore her heart on her sleeve.

The Eels - I Need Some Sleep (it sounds close to like something Matt would write)

Genesis - Dancing With the Moonlit Knight (This would definitely have to be tuned down a little as I don't think Matt could hit the high notes.  Anything Peter Gabriel would be awesome though)

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (I know there was a tweet a couple tours ago where they were jamming Thin Lizzy.  Would have loved to hear them play that on stage on night)