Links234

Why Geoff Left Mgb

My wife and I are playing in a rock-a-billy band called "The Slickjacks". We're still in the "4-track-drum-machine" stage but it's comin' along.I'm playing guitar poorly and she's rippin' it up on up-rite!

As for Matt ,I haven't seen him for AGES!Guess he's been busy though.Hope he ain't holdin' a grudge...I ain't.

It's been a long time.

Thanks for the memories Geoff...

I first saw you play at The Palace in Halifax, Nova Scotia on a LOTGA tour back in say...'96. It was actually the first time I had heard any MG music, Some close friends and I were in NS on a road trip for a bachelor party...haha.

Man what a find...I had been to the Palace before, which was a meat market on any other night of the week, and behold: the MGB. When you guys struck into "Symbolistic White Walls," with that base solo in the bridge, that was a defining moment for me as a music lover man,

Cheers! Good to hear that you are happy and well.

Jon Kitchen.

Funny thing is, when I left Dave wanted to talk to me one-on-one to be 100% SURE I knew what I was doing.

Truth is I wasn't.But at the time I had to be in a different "space".Not because I hated the guys or the music or anything like that,I could just sence the impending tension and I knew I just couldn't stay sane or musical with that hangin' over our heads. So I bailed knowing that Matt could get some fresh blood and a new perspective in the band and everthing we did to make MGB succesful could continue.

No more stinky ol' van!

If i may ask another question, i would like to know what you thought when you heard MGB was done? Did you think 'I saw that coming,'

Sorry, I'll stop interrogating you now, lol.

And, i just wanted to say thanks. SWW was the first song i learned on bass.

The "B" in "MGB" was,like I said,just the three of us guys sitting in a room playing music along to Matts ideas.We all put our 2 cents in, Dave for sure,aranging and all,so as far as I'm conserned Matt's just doing what Matt does.Write songs.

With or without the "B" he's still Matt Good.No matter which musician he plays with,as long as they share the "vision" it's all still pure music at this point.

Every musician wants to share a message with who'll ever listen so you can feel better about yourself at the end of the day.Knowing other people share your view and the reason you were put on this planet is comforting to say the least.

Geoff, what was Matt's response when you said you were leaving? did you sit down and discuss it with him? did he try to talk you outta it? i apoligize if i'm intruding too much. tell me its none of my business...