Dookas27018

Archive.org

Or just use the Hub, like most people do.

the hub is not compatable with a lot of computers, and i can't afford to have 250mb of space on my computer taken up by something i don't use.

It's helpful to be able to email/send songs to eachother, and get them off of NF and anywhere else

Or just use the Hub, like most people do.

the hub is not compatable with a lot of computers, and i can't afford to have 250mb of space on my computer taken up by something i don't use.

It's helpful to be able to email/send songs to eachother, and get them off of NF and anywhere else

there would be no point in even using the hub if you cant handle to share 250mb.

its not a lot of space, and its to promote sharing over leeching.

for anyone else... if you cant handle to share that much space, then you have no reason to use the hub in the first place

and i dont see how its nazi. rules are in place to keep the hub fair for everyone. if you dont like it, go fuck yourself

there would be no point in even using the hub if you cant handle to share 250mb.

its not a lot of space, and its to promote sharing over leeching.

for anyone else... if you cant handle to share that much space, then you have no reason to use the hub in the first place

and i dont see how its nazi. rules are in place to keep the hub fair for everyone. if you dont like it, go fuck yourself

250 isn't a lot of space, but to dedicate 250mb to songs that i have on CD seems pointless to me. I have hard copies of all my music, and then upload a song/album if i email it to someone. It's a lot easier than that confusing DC++ crap. The hub is a great idea, but it's too strict.

And if i can't share i shouldn't take? Reasonable, assuming I would Never share, but if anyone wants something from me, ask, and i'll upload and email it to them, that way, it doesn't take up space and lag my shitty computer

I think Matt Good said it best during a radio interview a few months ago (referring to radio though -- same idea):

"you get something for free, and you bitch about it"

the hub has over 350 registered users who are able to follow rules easily enough. the rules are there to make it better for everyone else. if nobody shares, then obviously nobody's gonna find anything to download. i'm also very strict against leeching, and before those rules, that's what people used to do.

so if nobody likes it... don't bother with it. move on.

still nazi germany. i had alot of stuff to share, but no one helped me, made it seem like I was leeching, and kicked me off. so that hub was pointless. and its hard to fucking get things to share when everything you have is already on there. If people had things to give to a hub, they probably wouldnt be using the hub because they had what they were looking for.

Edited by penismightier

The Hub hurts trading. Before The Hub people would share over things like "MSN Instant Messenger" and such... And now that there's the Hub people don't do that as much if at all. Most people just say go to the Hub. I myself cannot install the programs on the computer for it. I am guessing there are others too...

Yeah, i can't use the Hub either. I like that rebel Hub idea too!! What the hell is Leeching anyway?

if you want me to share something, don't throw hubnazi stuff on me, ask me to email it to you, and i gladly will:)

I think the Hub should be closed. The point is to be able to help out trading. Yet, it does the opposite. Instead of helping trading, the people who have access limit trading further. They whore it. This is like communism where someone meant to do something good for everyone, yet in the end they made the problem worse. By people having limited supplies, they are more likely to trade. The reason for that is because they want to have more songs, more people trade to gain more songs, they're forced to trade with others dispersing the songs more evenly. Slowly, generally more people seem to gain songs because they are not pooled into one area but in many different areas.

My favourite thing for using Archives.org and the Way Way Back machine... Running For Home. For those of us old schoolers. It's a great blast from the past. Only some of the links work though.

Running for home

Enjoy cherubs.

runningforhome was so great. it made life worth living ;)

wasn't it .net though?