Ozzwald

Who's Met Matt?

You know, i never even thought to go see the bus, to meet him. I don't know why. i guess i just figured he'd want personal space. shit, lol.

I didn't go to his bus... he came out and was just standing outside of the venue, out on the lawn, just admiring the weather or some shit. LOL. But yeah, it was the perfect oppurtunity.

I didn't persay "meet" Matt, but at a concert he jumped onto the rail...on my best friends hands...stood on them ..while he was stunned at what was going on...and I could not believe he was within 2 feet of me..I grabbed his leg for dear life yelling happy birthday...it was...quite the experiance...and I forgot all about teh freaking camera in my pocket...but twas great

i been lucky enough to meet matt on 3 occasions. he is my fav artist so you can imagine. the first time was a cd release party thingy for AOB. you could tell they were not getting along, but they still were the nicest guys. Matt stuck out most to me for being so super nice, maybe cause i had also heard he was an asshole (from a friend who met him a couple times). the second time i won soundcheck passes from HOSAM. i was so excited that by the time i got to talk to him i couldn't remember what to say. i think i blurted something stupid out. the 3rd was by far the best time. it was at the "win to get in" fox secret location concert thingy at dix on dix. well after the show he came out for drinks and to meet his fans and i told him he was amazing and i went to shake his hand....and he hugged me! well i was warned at the last time that nobody was allowed to touch him so i was stunned, that and the fact that "he hugged me". then the most embarressing thing happened, i turned around like a ditzy kid and screamed "he hugged me". (yes i was drunk, but still). he prolly laughed. (i know i would have) i also made him blush when i told him he was sexy. (he didn't believe me) anyways those are my matt stories and the best is i got pics from every experience.

ok. i hate pics of myself. especially where everyone can see them. but i guess it's for a good cause. lol

*i am so cheesy, i have them all framed on my wall. (the first pic isn't scanned on to my computer yet, so it's a picture of the picture.) if there ever was a fire i'd grab the pictures and my "history teacher album". lol

post-2-1110768304.jpg

My girlfriend and i were driving around Banff looking for the venue and a place to eat and wouldn't you know it, he's sitting on some grassy hill waiting for his dog to take a piss. We park the car and contemplate bugging the guy. Eventually we realized there's no way we could ever forgive ourselves if we didn't. I was a little nervous . . . i'd heard he's really nice, but in the off chance he wasn't i knew it would be rough if your main musical inspiration told you off. Happily, he was even nicer than i expected. Showed us where the venue was, told us about his dogs, and asked us to have a great time at the show. I often feel bad for folks who can't let their dogs take a leak without somebody wanting some attention from them, but its nice to know Matt takes the time to connect with people.