collinsguy

Cfox Show Last Night

I ripped the individual songs into mp3's, at an unnecessarily high bitrate, which causes the 5 songs to be 33MB (3 times the size of the entire interview above), but you'll probably download it anyway, won't you? won't you?

You do realize that MP3 encoders have settings to vary the rate, so you don't have to encode a 24kbps MP3 at 320kbps. You also realize that people offer software that can split MP3s without re-encoding them.

Um, yes, he took the file I offered and re-encoded the songs at 320kbps.

I ripped the individual songs into mp3's, at an unnecessarily high bitrate, which causes the 5 songs to be 33MB (3 times the size of the entire interview above), but you'll probably download it anyway, won't you? won't you?

You do realize that MP3 encoders have settings to vary the rate, so you don't have to encode a 24kbps MP3 at 320kbps. You also realize that people offer software that can split MP3s without re-encoding them.

Um, yes, he took the file I offered and re-encoded the songs at 320kbps.

no, he did not take the file you offered and rip the songs from it, he took the file he recorded, that was also recorded at a high bitrate, and ripped the songs from that.

Yes, I do realize mp3 encoders have various settings, but there will be loss at any rate when you split files and resave, much like a jpg picture, everytime you save it it gets a little worse. so why not set the bitrate really high, and minimize that loss?

You might argue back that the loss is minimal so who cares?

I care.

It's still a radio rip, which isn't great quality in the first place, no matter how high your bitrate is.

No, it's not a radio rip, he recorded it from the webcast.

Did you notice that the file I offered was the ACTUAL webcast transmission, not a recording, and not re-encoded? Yours has pops and clicks in it because you recorded it through your soundcard. I downloaded the webcast as it was transmitting, possible because CFOX webcasts IN MP3 FORMAT.

So, again, why did you bother with this?

It's still a radio rip, which isn't great quality in the first place, no matter how high your bitrate is.

No, it's not a radio rip, he recorded it from the webcast.

Did you notice that the file I offered was the ACTUAL webcast transmission, not a recording, and not re-encoded? Yours has pops and clicks in it because you recorded it through your soundcard. I downloaded the webcast as it was transmitting, possible because CFOX webcasts IN MP3 FORMAT.

So, again, why did you bother with this?

so that people like you could download it, and then bitch on your high and mighty about how your shit is a darker shade of brown, and smells of fresh roses.

most people here are just trying to do other people friendly little favours.

take two aspirin, delete my files. If the pain persists in the morning, consult your family doctor.

it sounded alright on the radio, but live, i'll tell you, i had goosebumps the entire time, it was SOOOOOO AWESOME, i can't even begin to explain, he was 5 feet away belting out these songs with his amazing voice. that was my dream come true, well ok, it's actually that matt would sing me to sleep every night (which ironically Jen told me last night that she makes Matt do all the time). Lucky girl!!! anyways cheers to all and hope you enjoyed it!

post-2-1126762738.jpg

Yes, I do realize mp3 encoders have various settings, but there will be loss at any rate when you split files and resave, much like a jpg picture, everytime you save it it gets a little worse. so why not set the bitrate really high, and minimize that loss?

There are software programs out there that can split MP3s without re-encoding them. I use this one: http://www.mpesch3.de/

It takes an existing MP3 and breaks it into useable fragments. The pieces are the exact same as the original.

so that people like you could download it, and then bitch on your high and mighty about how your shit is a darker shade of brown, and smells of fresh roses.

most people here are just trying to do other people friendly little favours.

But, you have to understand, I try and bail out when my version turns out inferior to an already available one. And, trust me, it's happened.

Same concept: songs only. From the webcast stream, 24kbps audio, not re-encoded, 2.9M.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09O193X...UN0ZIWFFFXML21D

Of course, this will all be rendered moot once someone can provide an FM-sourced copy.

Edited by uglyredhonda

i don't know if he's a twat. i didn't really pay much attention to him, Matt was there, i didn't much attention to anything but Matt. sorry crazy canuck. but i love your user name. makes me dream of hockey....hockey and matt good, my 2 loves in life. cheers.