collinsguy

Cfox Show Last Night

I think most of the acoustic tunes are pretty lacking. I think partly because of the shitty quality of the recordings. I'm sure the Rooms versions will be significantly better. I'm still not a fan of "Can't Get Shot In The Back". It sounds like he's trying too hard to be folk.

I think most of the acoustic tunes are pretty lacking. I think partly because of the shitty quality of the recordings. I'm sure the Rooms versions will be significantly better. I'm still not a fan of "Can't Get Shot In The Back". It sounds like he's trying too hard to be folk.

funny, i think "can't get shot in the back..." is easily better than anything off his latest album and that he should definately go back to his folk roots.

as for the acoustic tracks, i agree. most of them sound pretty weak live and i'm kinda hoping that "rooms" has a bit more production on it than just a bare bones acoustic set.

funny, i think "can't get shot in the back..." is easily better than anything off his latest album and that he should definately go back to his folk roots.

as for the acoustic tracks, i agree. most of them sound pretty weak live and i'm kinda hoping that "rooms" has a bit more production on it than just a bare bones acoustic set.

Was I crackin' out or did I hear that Rooms was going to be all one long track? I remember Matt saying that he wanted to do something like that in the past, like the old days with vinyl LP's. No random, or skipping to the track that you want to hear - it has to be enjoyed as a whole record. As per production, as long as the quality is better (FM can only be so good) I like it raw and underproduced. Kinda like Pinkerton.

And hey, a fellow Nanaimoian. I used to live there.

Edited by worldofnoise