Crusader

Cbc Strike Continues

What do you think  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think

• They will reach a settlement
    • They will all be replaced
    • The CBC will be disbanded

CBC is currently experiencing a labour disruption, which means some of the information we normally offer you is unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

In 30 seconds, you will be automatically redirected to the CBC.ca homepage.

Will they ever get back? Who knows. How long has this thing been going on now? I thought it was supposed to be a 72-hour thing at first but... now it's September 19.

who cares, the only good show on CBC is coronation street, and because of the lockout they're playing an hour of it a day instead of half an hour. So I'm happy.

That's the same reason why my mother is happy. And probably my grandmother.

cool, maybe you could introduce me to them.

who cares, the only good show on CBC is coronation street, and because of the lockout they're playing an hour of it a day instead of half an hour. So I'm happy.

My grandmother must be ecstatic.

Frankly, i give no shit. I don't watch any tv, and haven't watched CBC since i was like 5 and they had the movies on sundays.

They're like our only Canadian tv channel though.

except for CTV, Global (and stuff like Prime, CH etc.), all those zillion CHUM channels (CityTV, MuchMusic etc.), TVO, TSN, OMNI, The Score, Sportsnet, YTV, Comedy Network etc....and i could go on forever.

I enjoy a bunch of good CBC shows like most people. Don't really want the CBC to end (it won't). The only thing i don't like about it is that its a government-funded channel, and hence their news goes through a political filter.

I used to watch CBC news a lot, and still do, but i think Global National does a good job and CTV is ok too.

I think it would be better if CBC was a publically-funded channel instead of government-funded (like PBS in the U.S.). I have no clue as to the strike situation or what the workers are asking for, but given that they are government-paid/employed workers they are probably already making too much money and receive lovely benefits (that we all pay for) so they should probably just shut-up and go back to work.

p.s. i'm not a big hockey guy so the CBC strike doesn't really bother me as i'm happy to watch re-runs and good movies they show.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I do believe George cut the funding or maybe even cut off the PBS funding in the USA.

except for CTV, Global (and stuff like Prime, CH etc.), all those zillion CHUM channels (CityTV, MuchMusic etc.), TVO, TSN, OMNI, The Score, Sportsnet, YTV, Comedy Network etc....and i could go on forever.

Their Canadian programming is almost outweighed by foreign programs (USA). The CBC can be boring at times but it's been mostly Canadian programming.