juanpe

Israeli Wall

Once again, Israel has not listened to the International Comunity and the International Court which has asked them to demolish the illegal and sad wall they are building to separate from Palestina...

Once again Sharon disobeys International Laws... Once again Sharon is trying to go on with his Nazi Wall which is exactly the same the Nazi regime did with Berlin Wall...

unbelievable...

we cannot bear this anymore

post-23-1089667001.gif

Edited by juanpe

yes, that wall provokes something: hatred, H A T R E D, in capital letters ;) ... but it seems that Sharon doesn't care at all... (I was gonna place an amoticon crying but there isn't any...)

Edited by juanpe

I know a lot about it, this is one of my concerns within this social group i'm working with in Madrid: the Palestinian problem.

Israel is violating all International resolutions in order to find peace in the area and since they always have the US support, nothing happens:

1. they invaded the area and "stole" the Palestinians their land, and nothing happened;

2. they keep bombing the Palestinians, and nothing happens;

3. they have all these nuclear weapons sold by the US, and nothing happens;

4. they start building this wall to separate the territory, and nothing happens;

Nothing happens because they have the strong US support... why is the international comunity so coward to face the US??? ;)

all dictarors are bullshit... no matter their ideological tendency... Sharon is not supposed to rule his country by force... but he's a dictator in the same way as others in the world are...

The Difference between Castro and Sharon is that most cubans Ive talked to (and i must admit that ive only talked to like 10) dont view castro as a tyrant. The fact is that Castro did alot of good stuff for cuba. Im not sure what most isrealis think of Sharon but i can tell you for a fact that he isnt getting Isreal anywhere.

;)

All you have to do is read about the cold war to see that building a wall dosent make a situation between two groups of people better.

not even getting the rejection from the European Union or the United Nations (they just voted against the wall), Sharon seems to be willing to stop the wall... of course, why can he do that? because of the US shameful support...

Once again Sharon is trying to go on with his Nazi Wall which is exactly the same the Nazi regime did with Berlin Wall...

uh, the Berlin Wall wasn't put up by the Nazis, it was put up by the Soviet forces who were occupying East Berlin at the time...

Edited by therethere

Its once again the hypocracy of the US foriegn policy, i did a report on the Israeli-Palestinan problem and even though the US government doesnt condone the actions taken by Sharon, they still give billions of dollars in infastructure, and military.. Infastructure as in roads, and oh yeah! walls!...

"The Israeli built wall is one that is not only a violation of humanity, but of the Palestinians and is quoted as being the biggest icon of tyranny and oppression by Bishop Desmond Tutu28. This “security wall” was originally created in order for the Israelis to feel safe within their own borders29. However, the security fence is not within Israeli borders, in fact none of it is, and this is where the problem has arisen.

The perimeter between the occupied territories and Israel is just under two hundred kilometres ...the present wall is seven-hundred-eighty kilometres long, none of it is on the border, all of it is on Palestinian territory, sometimes as much as ten to thirty kilometres inside the nineteen sixty-seven borders… so if its just a question of security its not its humiliation and it is also control, and bantusization30

The perimeter wall has been a growing concern for the Palestinian people. It has not given safety to the Israeli people, in fact it has only trapped the Palestinians inside its borders Menachem Klein is quoted in saying: “The problem with the government’s logic is that entrapped Palestinians will fight – they have nowhere to go”31. When a government puts a section of its population into segregated areas it is common for there to be violence, this is not a statement of which the Palestinians want violence however, but poverty, and segregation breeds this type of behaviour. There is now an overwhelming amount of Palestinians who are being literally blocked off and affected by this wall: “Israel’s security barrier will eventually carve off 14 percent of the West Bank, trap 274,000 Palestinians in tiny enclaves and block 400,000 others from their fields, jobs and hospitals.”32 This segregation brutally destroys any such ideas of peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, furthermore The United States, Israel’s largest supporter does not condone these actions “ The United States has criticized the barrier’s planned route deep into the West Bank, saying it could harm efforts to set up a Palestinian state”33 This wall has been said to have stopped infiltration of Israel.34 However at what cost of human life and dignity is this worth? The answer is that this security wall is nothing more then a mockery of human rights, and those who are directly involved and have seen the wall, see it is nothing more then a sickening reflection of humanities injustices (See Picture#3). “I have had the great privilege of seeing the construction of the Israeli wall, I say it’s a privilege because I couldn’t believe there was anything that abhorrent in this world going on.”35 The wall dividing the Palestinians and Israelis guarantee’s that there will be no peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians."

great article, Erik... it is a pity that they dont pay attention to these things, and that it is not going to be used to make them see that it is a brutality... as long as they have the US support, nothing can be done (or almost nothing)...

Yes, great article.

Thanks guys, but its not an article, its a snippit from one of my reports i did when i wanted to know more about the conflict, if your interested I could send you the whole thing. I think im going to start uploading some of my reports or opinion essays that i write on a site if ppl feel like reading something.. hmm.. ideas lol..

If Sharon didn’t demolish residential areas and didn’t kill innocent civilians in retaliation to suicide bombings + move back to the 1967 borders then they would be a lot closer to a resolution. A wall isn't going to help the matter

EXACTALLY!!!!

now why cant sharon think of that???

Just to play devil's advocate for a second: why does Israel have to give up territory it conquered from other nations that tried to invade it? Also, Arafat isn't helping matters either by refusing to cede more power to his PM. a few years back, he walked away from a deal that would have given back complete control of 97% of Palestinian land. The wall isn't the answer, terrorism on both sides isn't the answer. I probably don't know as much about this as I should, but I think that we can agree that both sides are fucking up royally.

yes, terrorism is not the answer...while Israeli fight with tanks and weapons - provided by the US government - Palestinians fight with sticks and stones... when will this stop? when will the interntional comunity ban the terrorist and nazi Sharon? when will the international comunity ban the US government for supporting Sharon, his government and all his nazi actions?

Palestinians fight more with their own terrorists than anything else, funded by other governments and charities. The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade is directly linked to that douche bag Arafat's Fatah movement, and he has never asked them to stand down. Imagine the precedent that would set if he did. The other groups would hopefully see that they are despised by everyone, dismantle their militant wings, and focus on the excellent charities they provide.

He didn't condemn Hamas when they strapped explosives to a mentally challenged teenager and sent him off to die. Only when they kill fellow Arabs does he show anger at the terrorists. I think that the Israelis have every right not to trust him to be a pro-active partner on the road to peace. He's had the chance to help put an end to this madness for a while now, before that damned wall (I'd call it Stalinist instead of nazi; after all, it was the Soviets that built the Berlin Wall) was ever put up.

That said, Sharon doesn't help matters by putting his wall so deep into Palestinian territory. I've never heard logic for this, and I fail to see any at all. Sharon has, I believe, ordered Jewish settlements to be dismantled and given back to Palestinians, and troops have left parts of the Occupied Territories (please correct me if I'm wrong. I just remember hearing that hardliners in the Knesset were pissed about this).

The point I'm trying to make is this:

Arafat: Can't be trusted

Sharon: Takes things too far (the wall), therefore isn't much better.