Prometheon

Read This

I have. Not very interesting. She's only a vegetarian because her parents are Hindu. And although she never outright says it, you just know that she resents her parents for, among other things, rendering her incapable of eating meat.

I think we're having a substandard conversation when we could be having a brilliant discussion.

Point 1:

You couldn't fix the broken parts.

Is the grotesque appearance merely a manifestation of the guy's inner self? We all tend to think of ourselves as putting up an outward facade about ourselves but also think that we are deep on the inside. Chances are that we either never share what's inside or share it so much that it's lost all its meaning. Once the outward appearance becomes perfect but the inside remains as rotten as it once was, what happens? A proverbial eggshell, if you will. The oval shape is incredibly strong because it distributes pressure equally along its surface. But when that pressure isn't equally applied (hitting against the rim of a frying pan, for example), it possesses very little structural integrity, and you have all the gooey yolk inevitably oozing its way out. Just like the gun to this guy's face.

Better question: Why can't I put this much effort into my homework?

I think we're having a substandard conversation when we could be having a brilliant discussion.

Point 1:

You couldn't fix the broken parts.

Is the grotesque appearance merely a manifestation of the guy's inner self? We all tend to think of ourselves as putting up an outward facade about ourselves but also think that we are deep on the inside. Chances are that we either never share what's inside or share it so much that it's lost all its meaning. Once the outward appearance becomes perfect but the inside remains as rotten as it once was, what happens? A proverbial eggshell, if you will. The oval shape is incredibly strong because it distributes pressure equally along its surface. But when that pressure isn't equally applied (hitting against the rim of a frying pan, for example), it possesses very little structural integrity, and you have all the gooey yolk inevitably oozing its way out. Just like the gun to this guy's face.

Better question: Why can't I put this much effort into my homework?

Uh....yeah. Or maybe it was just that he was depressed or something, and making him physically attractive didn't do anything to reapir his mind and soul.

http://www.bartleby.com/104/45.html

Robinson. man, it's about time the internet caught up. if they could JUST get all the political science journals online, i'd be a happy kid.

but yeah. the point here is that technology can make a person physically perfect, yet manage to ignore the "broken parts," as the man in the originally posted piece stated. essentially, it is saying that in all these technological advancements, the modern world has forgotten about the soul and man's sanity itself. indeed, american health insurance certainly has, in their ignoring the findings of several studies that have shown that a prescription alone cannot cure psychological disorders and the like, yet the general theme of TECHNOLOGY AND ADVANCEMENT is pushed above all else.

in the end, it just shows that even if you're attractive, wealthy, intelligent, and successful, you can still hate yourself.

on the upside, it makes for good music.