It is over now, down 3-1, Carolina looks solid and MacTavish should be ashamed. The Oilers have had the same problem all series, they get into shooting lanes and either pass or deke until the opportunity is wasted. I don't understand why they seem to think that the only way to beat cam ward is to give him time to prepare for their shots. If they do something about this, than maybe they can still win.

I thought they played like the Leafs on Monday...not taking shots, not properly one-timing (stopping the puck, winding up, shooting), bad positioning, etc...

And that's a sad, sad analogy...

But I'm still a Leafs fan, I can't help it...

i was very happy tonight, but still i just dont have the faith anymore. iam very disgruntled. i have a bit more faith, but still Carolina is a damn good team, they were just not mentally ready for tonight.

I think they'll at least push it to 7 (which is all I really wanted anyways - like Calgary in '04). I think they'll win on Saturday 'cause the Edmonton fans are gonna go crazy! and it should fire up the Oilers.

There's a big spat inthe Toronto Sun. One of the writer's did a full page on how the Edmonton fans are louder and better than the Carolina (and most other teams) fans. Basically saying that the fans are so loud that the opposing players on the ice can't hear each other (or the goalie) to setup. There's been a few retalitory letters from Carolina fans saying how the decibel level was 126 in Carolina and 114 in Edmonton or some crap...

Watching last night, compared to the previous 2 games in Edmonton...there's no comparison...hands down Edmonton is louder. I was laughing at the start of game 3 on the radio because you couldn't hear the commentators over the fans cheering. Plus the Edmonton fans sing the anthem!

Guest jsunC

edmonton has the 2nd smallest arena in the nhl, Rexall place can only hold 16,000ish fans. I think Carolina's arena can hold over 20,000

That's what makes the loudness-ism so impressive

Edited by jsunC

but they are really loud anyways. i remember during calgary's run they were freaking loud too it was hard to hear yourslef think, you had to yell to the person next to you, when you were like right beside their ear. its a close call between calgary and edmonton i say.

well i know that i have flipped flopped like mad since this thread began, i cheered for em, then gave up, and so on. well now i think that tonight the oilers WILL WIN 3-1. if they do, i say they will win the cup.

thwy were not lucky tonight, they were damn good, and carolina was damn shitty. the oil will win. they will. i feel it....a sports thing, when u know you are going to score a goal, that feeling just before, that happened to me tonight at the end of the game. the oilers will freaking win!

well it's not looking good so far...2-0 Carolina at 2nd intermission for those not watching, both goals were in the first period, first at 1:36 or something. The Oils just blew a 5 on 3 and they've had sooo many chances but they're too busy passing instead of shooting. I wish them luck in the 3rd, they'll need it.

On Saturday's game in Edmonton, they said the players were having trouble hearing the whistle at ice level. I listened to most of it on the radio and I could barely hear the commentators.