Well, it's for the better if they did break up...they lost it ten years ago. But this is likely another hiatus, what with Rivers just married and becoming more interested in finding inner peace through Vipassana meditation than into recording. Brian and Pat both have side projects to fall back on, and are actually both going to be in the movie "Factory Girl" playing Lou Reed and John Cale, respectively.

I will always love the first two records, but Weezer lost me for good with Make Believe.

They ARE finished.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rivers Cuomo says that, for now, Weezer is "done."

Cuomo, the band's bespectacled songwriter and frontman, told MTV that while he remains in touch with his bandmates, "we've never mentioned getting together."

"Really, for the moment, we are done," he said. "And I'm not certain we'll ever make a record again, unless it becomes really obvious to me that we need to do one."

Full Article

While I will admit that the band were never as good as they were before they broke up (the first time), I still think it sucks that they've broken up (again).

Edited by Quammy

Fuck, I was all excited coming in here. I hope they are done. sure, I like Island In The Sun, El Scortcho and a couple tracks off of their first album but other than that, they should ALL DIE!!!

If they do turn up dead tomorrow, I honestly had nothing to do with it, it's all just a fucked up coincidence. seriously, you ever make a joke like that and thing "If this actually were to happen... I'd be fucked"

I'm hearing all kinds of crazy-ass rumors lately that the Weez have broken up. Is there any truth to this?

We can only hope. If hear "Beverly Hills" one more time on the radio someone is going to get punched in the ovaries.

I'm hearing all kinds of crazy-ass rumors lately that the Weez have broken up. Is there any truth to this?

We can only hope. If hear "Beverly Hills" one more time on the radio someone is going to get punched in the ovaries.

now THAT is what you call a first impression.

do you have a penis or a vagina?

oh, no matter, i love you either way.