Shiri

Allow Me To Pimp Myself

i really like "the golden skin quest."

the lyrics are so sad. they make me want to cry =(

the line "you were real intent while cancer crawled" reminds me of "i miss new wave" and "strange days"... did you do that consciously?

it's my favourite song so far. ;)

i'm looking forward to hearing more of your music!

keep it up, shiri! =)

you inspire me.

Edited by yakasushii

Not consciously, but sometimes when I listen to music while writing music, that tends to happen. I wrote about actually cancer though, I hate that disease.

Yeah, I guess it's a sad song. But in a way it isn't. Hard to explain...

Edited by Designate

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to find this!

I'm listening to it all now, and so far I am digging it. I didn't know you were so talented ;)

Hypothetically, if I did drum tracks for these, and sent them to you, could you put them on? They wouldn't be amazing, because at the moment all I have is a rndom iPod recorder attatchment, but it could cool to get a feel for them.

Edit: I finished them. They're good, but you need some solos! Shred that thing!

Edited by Prometheon

Haha, yeah, solos could be awesome but I'm no solo player ;)

Owen, thanks, glad you liked them. Well, if you recorded a drum track, I could try and add it, usually the timing is rather off with those kinds of things but it's worth a try if you're up for it. Same goes for bass tracks, Charles :angry:

There are some good ideas in these tracks. I think you might benefit from playing with a band, or just some loud ass music going on, it will force your vocals to be more powerful to compete with all the racket (if that makes sense).

The Golden Skin Quest did stand out...but it feels like it ends to soon to me.

Okay Shiri...You kick ass... I really like all of these. I agree with Shade, I think you would benefit from having to compete vocally, with a fuller tapestry of sound. I love the writing, your lyrics are very compelling. I'm betting Owen, can hear how the arrangements might go. I have a good feel for how "The Mess Of You" would sound with, a little more lenghth and a drum and bass breakdown, with a layered guitar solo.

You have officially been adopted...this family needs more kickass musicians, and you're welcome...I'm sending my sisters over...ASAP.

I may share out a track that I worked on with my youngest Sister's producer. It's like Rap/Dance...not my cup of tea, but she asked for my input.