jeriko

Tattoo Help...

Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a couple more tattoos in the coming months, and I want one of them to be a quote from a Matt Good song.

I believe I will have something on the back of my neck, where it joins the shoulders. So it cannot be extremely long given the space available (unless I wrap it around my neck? ;) - or maybe arm? hmm).

I was wondering if anyone here had some favorite lines from songs that they can suggest to help me make a decision? I've got a couple here that I like, but if you have any you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

ex 1 - Here by my side An angel, Here by my side The devil,

Never turn your back on me, Never turn your back on me again

Here by my side It's heaven

ex 2 - Somebody gave you a choice, And all you do is abuse it. If god he gave you a voice Then use it...

Just a lullaby for the new world order

ex 3 - This key to your kingdom. This key to your heart.

neither one a doorway, But both of them a part.

So one foot in front of the other

ex 4 - There ain't nothing here at all. Another month, a year that's all. So you can tell them I'm coming, and hell's coming with me.

My front runner right now is:

"Can

Edited by jeriko

all good quotes, but all are kind of depressing. Do you want them foreva? foreva eva?

Not that i'm against tattoos or anything, i'm going in monday for one that measures about 10' by 7'. I'm not a prude i swear.

i'm personally getting the gunman though, sometime in the next month.

I thought about doing that sometime too - down the road perhaps.

I don't have too much a problem with the depressing nature of the quotes. I think what I really want to do is make a statement with them however. I think that's why I am digging the "Can't get shot..." one. Says a lot I think.

is it gonna be translated into a cooler looking language? and are you going to have "-mg" underneath?

I think I will find a suitable style of type to at least make it interesting. My forearms already have Kanji (form of Asian script) on them - something different. I like the Greek suggestion.

Initials and date might be nice.

I give these a couple of years thought before I do them. So I am fairly certain I will do this - soon maybe. 31st birthday is in March ;)

Thanks for the input folks. Cheers!

What the hell? I thought the greek thing was a joke. That sounds kinda lame. Initials and date sound stupid to me too personally.

It is your body though and it's supposed to reflect you so really my opinions don't matter.

I liked the idea of getting a barcode on the back of my neck awhile ago. I think that was in a movie though so I dunno... kinda dumb. It's probably a choice I'd regret in the long run anyway.

Now I think tatoos on girls are kinda gross. I guess that's true for me about tatoos in general but I don't put my penis in boys so I couldn't care less what they look like.

Edited by Monochrome Rainbow