nag95

Canada Am

did anybody watch matt's interview this morning..i didnt catch it, and the video player on the canada am site doesnt seem to work. So just wondering for those of you who watched it; was it any good, and what song did matt sing?

First time I've tried converting video VOB/ whatever files so this is a .mpg, but it doesn't work in Windows for some reason.  Works in Quicktime and Real Player though.  (Probably Winamp too but I'm using it so I didn't check.)

Enjoy.

beth, mind if i put this on the nf video player?

That really was a great performance. He looks so cool with those sunglasses on. Haha.

I was thinking that The Devils In Your Details would be a great second single, but I don't know if it would be a great live solo acoustic tune. But by the time it came out he probably wouldn't be doing all this promotional stuff.

I think it's relevant to the whole album. I don't have a problem with them talking about it.

Also this performance really has made Born Losers grow on me more. I ripped an mp3 from the video. It's so fucking good. I find myself singing along.

sometimes it may seem annoying, and perhaps lazy journalism, for media / critics / whoever to just repeat what's in the bio. but we're devotees, so of course we've heard it a million times. but to the general Canada AM watching public who only know Matt as the "Hello Time Bomb" guy, it does provide some context. which is the point of providing the media with such talking points in a bio or what have you. i would think.

performance is good. candid. makes me hope and pray he comes to Newfoundland in the coming year (it couldn't possibly be that hard to orchestrate!). But Matt looks and sounds awkward and a bit unconfident to me. he shouldn't: the song wipes the floor with the standard Canada AM fare, and he should sing it like he damn well knows it.

he must on some level. ;)

it's funny, it seems to me like my favourite artists are always ones who start off really mainstream, and then grow more and more belligerent and individual as they mature. Talk Talk is a prime, PRIME example in that department. and i think those artists have more staying power for me, than, say, some up-and-coming indie or punk artist who put out one or two albums with a vision and voice, and then water themselves down as soon as they achieve even a modicum of success. I won't name names for the sake of avoiding arguments, but let's just say I've had my heart broken more than a few times over these past few years. but something tells me we won't be seeing Matt doing any SUV commercials anytime in the near (or distant) future.

i wouldn't want to be on a fucking bag of doritos either,

mope.

I'm betting it has something to do with him wanting to spread awareness of it. Maybe.

i agree with you. they've made bipolar disorder sound a little more PC too now. too bad seamus couldn't pronounce bipolarity/bipolarism lol

I'm hoping that someone can help - I've tried to open the interview segment to GMC,from the CTV website, but there is no sound - something about copyright issues with the US [ i live in Michigan ].

I've heard it's a very good interview - so, naturally, I would like to see it - can anyone help me out?

they bring up a good point with regards to the bi-polarity/creativity issue, which is known to be connected. the interviewer asked matt since he has recently been properly diagnosed and the irregularities have drastically improved due to whatever medication he's been correctly prescribed, do you think this would or will or is affecting his music and his artistic creative abilites (though matt says he finds it hasnt)?

I'm hoping that someone can help - I've tried to open the interview segment to GMC,from the CTV website, but there is no sound - something about copyright issues with the US [ i live in Michigan ].

I've heard it's a very good interview - so, naturally, I would like to see it - can anyone help me out?

don't think it's a region thing. I live in Canada, and I can't get sound either

Edited by Zukiki