Guest Prosis

World's Stupidest Inventions

Right...

Point is, it's not always safe to go jogging outside. In Britain we have a massive problem with gangs of chavs, you'll likely have different.

Carry a bigger knife.  World's stupidest invention: a smaller knife.

;) In my hand? I'd be arrested within 5 minutes. Dunno about you buy I wouldn't feel too safe jogging with a knife in my pocket. :angry:

With regards to being scared to run outside...I run on a secluded trail behind my house, alone, all the time. People have told me it's not safe and I should have mace or something. I always tell them they are crazy. After that girl in Georgia who went hiking with her dog last week, went missing and has now had her bloody clothes found, I'm not so sure I don't agree anymore.

In my hand? I'd be arrested within 5 minutes. Dunno about you buy I wouldn't feel too safe jogging with a knife in my pocket. ;)

Hm. I carry a knife pretty much all the time, except when I go to bars and the one time I was angry enough to expect trouble. Odd, that I only leave it behind when I'm most likely to actually use it. It may generate some distress with the cops at some point, but the ones I carry are all technically legal.

I have a Buck knife for work, and a Kershaw for everything else. And my car keys have a small one as well.

I guess I'd be okay with a Swiss Army knife but for most:

It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches. [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]

It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches. [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]

Apparently women can carry bigger? Loophole?

Edited by Azalroth

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's iffy here as well. I'll probably be hard pressed to convince any police officer that my Kershaw folder is for work, even though it does fall within the legal limits for design and size. It looks...somewhat aggressive.

Stupid invention: The soft-top convertible. So ugly.