thewickernightmare

New Raconteurs Album...consolers Of The Lonely

i don't know if i like it better than the first album. i didn't hate it, and i don't want to say that i was disappointed, but at first listen some of it sounded more white stripes-y than the first album, which i don't like, because i don't want to listen to TWO white stripes. i almost got the impression that it was kinda like, i dunno, white stripes lite or JACK WHITE AND SOME OTHER DUDES. but each time i've listened to it since, i've liked it more, so we'll see, i guess.

i don't know if i like it better than the first album. i didn't hate it,  and i don't want to say that i was disappointed, but at first listen some of it sounded more white stripes-y than the first album, which i don't like, because i don't want to listen to TWO white stripes. i almost got the impression that it was kinda like, i dunno, white stripes lite or JACK WHITE AND SOME OTHER DUDES. but each time i've listened to it since, i've liked it more, so we'll see, i guess.

yeah. i definitely got the feeling after icky thump that jack white had a better definition of what the white stripes were after he had done the raconteurs thing. so while i like the effect that the raconteurs had on the white stripes, i'm not sure how i feel about the raconteurs themselves. i liked the first album, but haven't really listened to it lately and so i'm not really pining for more raconteurs at the moment.

i would seriously contest the notion that they're a supergroup in any sense of the word because a) it's a silly term to begin with and b) if you were still set on applying it, sillyness-be-damned, tell me who doesn't think of the raconteurs as just "jack white's other band"... no one calls it "brendan benson's other band" or "those dudes from the greenhornes' other band"... while i'm sure all the members of the raconteurs are super, "supergroup" usually means all the members are either well known in terms of success, cult following or at least kick ass at their instrument.

sorry if im coming off like a dink. i just don't like to see good bands like the raconteurs coupled in with shite bands like audioslave or army of anyone.

Edited by borntohula

i would seriously contest the notion that they're a supergroup in any sense of the word because a) it's a silly term to begin with and b) if you were still set on applying it, sillyness-be-damned, tell me who doesn't think of the raconteurs as just "jack white's other band"... no one calls it "brendan benson's other band" or "those dudes from the greenhornes' other band"... while i'm sure all the members of the raconteurs are super, "supergroup" usually means all the members are either well known in terms of success, cult following or at least kick ass at their instrument.

sorry if im coming off like a dink. i just don't like to see good bands like the raconteurs coupled in with shite bands like audioslave or army of anyone.

I was just going by what Wikipedia called them.

Audioslave has some ok songs...

yeah. i definitely got the feeling after icky thump that jack white had a better definition of what the white stripes were after he had done the raconteurs thing. so while i like the effect that the raconteurs had on the white stripes, i'm not sure how i feel about the raconteurs themselves. i liked the first album, but haven't really listened to it lately and so i'm not really pining for more raconteurs at the moment.

the more i listen to it, the more i like it. if you still haven't listened to it, check out the switch and the spur or carolina drama, at the least. i still think some of it is awfully white stripes-y, and i'm still not sure that i like it better than the first album, but the more i hear it, the more i realize: it's pretty fucking good.