JJEC

Autism Speaks.....will You Listen?

My son Adam has Autism, we are trying to raise funds for Autism Research.

The Link: http://www.walknowforautism.org/c.ghKKIUPF...JfOUKqIYLaMVJwE

You can help by:

1. Join Our Team and Walk with us!

2. Donate some money to help us reach our Goal!

3. Pass this Email onto someone you know that has been affected by Autism!

Thank you for your support! If you would like more info please contact me!

[email protected]

Edited by JJEC

How does I thinking of buying a dog get more replies my posting? Does any one here know anyone with Autism? Will anyone help? Just pass on the link if you can't walk with us or if you can't donate. You all have contacts help us out please.

Thank you.

Jesus, that was pretty harsh, Ryan.

My thoughts: while I do care about autism (I've worked with autistic kids, and have done "my part" in the past), I come to this message board for discussion and fun, not to essentially be solicited too. Perhaps others feel the same.

No offense intended whatsoever, and I sincerely wish you and your family the best of luck.

as unfortunate as it is, ryan nailed it. furthermore; you're asking for donations on a board where members come for entertainment. you're barking up the wrong tree.

don't be bitter about your serious post not getting as much attention as a far less serious one... american idol will always get more votes than the presidential election.

I care, but I'd feel more comfortable donating on my own terms. Also, I agree with Snatch Catcher; not really the right place for this. Most of the serious stuff goes in the Politics section, and it could have a place there if you've been watching the news about vaccines inciting autistic tendencies. People care, but it's probably not as dear to their hearts as the issues that have affected them personally. The people who are going to donate to your charity are families affected by autism, not random Matthew Good fans.