sodamntired

Deja Vu

Good for you Christoffer!!!

That feeling like you've had the same exact experience before? Like you're going someplace new, and yet you get this incredible feeling of...Damn, I've been here before, on a day just like today...and everything about feels beyond familiar.

I read a book once, don't ask me the name. But it was about the possibility that everything we do, we've already done. Meaning that everything is on a big loop and it all goes back to the beginning of time and starts all over again after a certain point.

there are a few theories. naturally there's the spiritual explanation and then science.

spiritually, we've all lived many lives, and in living those lives, likely been to the same places we may visit now. the lives we lived previously shape our current personality and make us who we are. so we carry our past experiences with us, and when we see something familiar, we recognize it, even if we haven't been there in this lifetime.

science says when you're mentally fatigued your brain gets confused and triggers a deja vu like experience where you THINK you've done something before, but the relay between whats happening at this very second and what happened 2 seconds ago is delayed from the fatigue that it feels like it happened at another point in our lives. essentially your brain is processing the event at a much lower rate of speed than you're experience, giving you the feeling you've done it before when really it just happened.

Edited by BOHICA

just had a major case of it. I hate this. Can someone give me a explanation of this, without posting a link to Wikipedia, and just tell me why. Mrs. Jesus is not allowed to post. and personal attacks on me and my postings are not allowed.

mrs jesus is allowed to post whenever and wherever she sees fit. never forget that.

It happens where there is a glitch in the MAYTRICKS.

It's time to pull out those dual Tommy guns you have in your suitcases and completely fail to hit any of the enemy swat team as they riddle you with bullets.

I think there's a glitch in the Mxxxxx whenever I just spasm. My body has been pushed too close to the computer.

YOU DO NOT TAKE THE MXXXXX NAME IN VAIN. thank you. ;)

*aaaand scene. clapping. good job*

I don't and never will get people who refuse to say God...they need to write G*D. f them. that's right, F THEM!

Edited by sodamntired

i try to use it in vain, whenever possible.

seriously though, my girlfriend swears frequently (most people in the film industry do) and we stopped swearing verbally since our son was born. now she's switched over to using 'jesus christ!', 'for god's sake!', and 'god damnit'... i'm not sure if it's any better.

Yeah, I'm not thinking that's not much better either.

We don't swear in front of the kids when they're awake. It's all, oh fudge, doggone it, and ahhh phooey. Once they go to bed, you'd think you were at a biker bar. We're cussing like a motherfucker. After a particularly long weekend, it's like every other word is a swear.

*turning this important thread into a discussion about God*

back to the debate over God or G*D or god or gOd......now, I'll go with SOMETHING started this at the beginning, but I don't think IT really cares so much about our *Very Meaningful Lives* that a little buzzer goes of in HIS/HERS head whenever somebody types God on a computer. The last time he sent down a messenger, they nailed it to a cross, so I'm pretty sure he's just letting us be.

NOBODY knows what happens after you die. You get either the pro-Jesus people will tell you that you will go to heaven and party with the other good people for all eternity. that seems like a long time. Eternity. And I have not one explanation about what everything was like before the Big Bang, other than, "there was nothing, but not nothing, because even nothing is something." ok, you lost me. I remember church back when I was a toddler, where the minister would be telling about stories how Jesus spoke to people, and I just wanted to ask, "Does Jesus still talk to people?" As I'm older, I know what their answers would be. "HE is speaking to you every day." nope, you lost me, try again.

I used to work/go to this Christian coffee shop, and I talked to the woman who owns it, I told her, "I know I could like ask God to get me a job, or get me a woman who loves me, but he has more important things to do, so I'm just going to let him be." She told me, "oh, he always has time for you." nope, you lost me. try again. If God really cared about us, wouldn't he step in during the Holocaust? If we all followed Jesus' teachings, shouldn't we ALL be helping out the homeless? Shouldn't we all be Jewish, as he was the King of Jews? He didn't set out to create a new religion. Talking to this girl once, she told me that she was going to convert to jewish faith. I asked her "why do everyone seem to dislike Jews all around the world?" "because Jews believe that a messiah is coming to Earth to free all everyone of pain and suffering, BUT they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah." I told her that she has rocked my world, and I won't be becoming a Jew, because if I did, they would require that I went to a hospital and got pieces of my manhood cut off....and that doesn't fly with me. I like from Religious, where Bill Maher said that he would love to be in on the first conversation where the first guy said, "we must circumcise all newborn boys." cause wouldn't there be ONE guy who said, "I'm sorry, what?"

Edited by sodamntired

now there's something i don't care to read.

*sigh* well, I guess I can dumb it down for you public school educated morons who don't have the TIME to read important conversations about so called Magical Spaghetti Monsters that fly just outside the universe. I am going to tell to this to all my fellows at the coffee shop.

hehe, that is EXACTLY how most people who completely deny the existence of a high power would respond to your post. but that is not how I roll. I basically said I used to be a true believe/follower but as I've grown older I have become more "I don't know." and I'm ok with that, but there are people who won't accept this.

Edited by sodamntired

thank you. I'd like to know too, but it means a lot coming from someone else.

edit: WAIT I've looked into my crystal ball that I have and you can't play with.

Mrs. Jesus will say something bitchy like, "I read his threads, and I can't believe someone like that actually exists, but he does." or something like that.

now she'll say, "you can't predict what I'm going to say." so prove me wrong. Post something completely different and blow my mind.

Edited by sodamntired

i must not have been around for this time when he "wasn't annoying" because i don't recall the situation ever being different. either way, i don't see how picking on him improves anything. the dude clearly just wants attention, entertainment and conversation like the rest of us. maybe it's not your taste, but he's not hurting anyone.

Edited by hum-an-ole

physically.

mentally, he drains me.

Agreed.

He's the guy that people hate because he pops up everydamnwhere without adding anything of real interest. He is essentially BOHICA's avatar incarnate minus the humourous punch line (you know, a point).