sodamntired

Deja Vu

physically.

mentally, he drains me.

it wouldn't be difficult to just ignore his posts, but you obviously go out of your way to expose yourself to them (at least sometimes) - i've seen you post in his thread.

it seems like ridiculing chris has just become habit and additional entertainment to many of you, and as though he has been chosen to be the punching bag around here. this kind of behaviour only shows a lack of self esteem on the attackers part in my eyes.

regardless of the reasons it occurs, i think the constant ridicule only makes things worse for everyone. it's kind of like when you don't like a cat and it will rub up against you, trying to be your friend, even though these actions are probably just turning you off even more.

does anyone get what i'm trying to say here? i personally find the constant bullying to be equally (if not more) annoying than his posts. if people don't like his contributions, why the hell does he get so much attention? isn't it common sense to remove focus from the things you dislike? if i'm not interested in something that is posted on this board, i simply don't waste my valuable time reading it.

Edited by hum-an-ole

for a long period of time, i did just that. however, lately he's bee over exposing himself, so to speak... which makes it quite difficult to ignore.

anyways, i don't have too huge a problem with the guy in all honesty. he's not nearly as unbearable as meg, or as jarrod USED to be. as a matter of fact, the last time i pm'd him, it was to tell him to keep posting here after he said he was leaving.

if you're not careful, christine... you may end up just like those ladies he posts about in his thread. only on a different board, in a different thread. i'm just saying, you've said enough here to lead him to believe he has a chance with you.

if my saying that annoys you, you're welcome to scroll past my post.

if you're not careful, christine... you may end up just like those ladies he posts about in his thread. only on a different board, in a different thread. i'm just saying, you've said enough here to lead him to believe he has a chance with you.

if my saying that annoys you, you're welcome to scroll past my post.

well played

your picking on him could be just as much of an indication that he has a chance with you. negative attention is still attention. i'm not really defending the guy, i'm just making a general point that the entire situation is kind of stupid and actually fortified by the very people who claim not to enjoy it.

My problem with Sodamntired is this:

Deja Vu (Pages 1 2 3 )

Did You Ever Ask Your Parents... (Pages 1 2 )

An Open Challenge

Stupid Shit You've Heard People Say (Pages 1 2 )

3 out of 4 of those topics fucking suck, plain and simple. In Deja Vu he basically admitted he was too lazy to do even a tiny bit of research, so he wanted the opinion of strangers which he will probably take at face value.

The ask your parents one is just a non-substantial question that isn't really interesting or worthy of an entire thread.

An Open Challenge could have easily gone into the youtube thread (or his blog), except sodamntired thinks that some dumb video he randomly watched one day is so important that we all need to watch it. I disagree.*

The Stupid Shit You've Heard People say is actually not a bad topic. Not the best, but passable.

So basically, he's 1/4 as far as me giving a shit, which to me, is not worth it. Also, these topics were posted within like, 3 or 4 days of each other. I mean c'mon, get a selective filter. Not every thought that pops into your head needs to be made into its own topic.

*I may be being a hypocrite because I made my own thread for my retarded birthday dancing video. The reason for that was because a) I was buzzed and b) no one made me a birthday topic, so I wanted to inundate you bastards with my awesomeness ;)

Edited by Prometheon

fair enough. i definitely agree that some of the shit he posts is redundant or unnecessary, and that he should probably be a little more selective on what's worth starting a new topic for. at least he's trying to create new conversation though, and it's not like it takes more than a few minutes to check the topic and see if it's of interest.

the problem about ignoring his posts, aside from what mrs. j illustrated, is that after his stupid posts are criticized, like all other posts, things get off topic. and i want to be there for that. if i ignored his posts there would be no point in me even coming here... i'd be paranoid about running into him somewhere on here. and not all of his posts are bad. he does have good things to add sometimes (going back to my first comment). also, just because a topic is tough to talk about doesn't mean it should be ignored. if chris wants to be happy here (that is, if our complaining bothers him) then it is in his best interest to take some of our criticisms. he'd be more popular, more people would read and discuss in his threads and his opinion would be taken more seriously (i, like beth, do not know how to take that comment on public schooling... i think my thousands of dollars spent in post-publicly funded school makes me on par... not that that intelligence hinges on paying for your own education, which i have a fundamental issues with - as does much of europe).

bahahahaha all this for something that hardly impacts ANY of our lives

Personally, I'm with Christine on this...besides, at least Chris is giving me something to read...even if it is sometimes a little bland, I wouldn't know it was bland until I read it. So keep it up Chris.

Cheers

Personally, I'm with Christine on this...besides, at least Chris is giving me something to read...even if it is sometimes a little bland

Haha, I was totally going to make a new Thread:

What color tone of paper do you prefer?

it would have a bunch of videos from youtube and a bunch of pictures of girls who are totally into me, cause they added me as a friend on dateanerd.com.....ooorrr all about how I maintained eye contact with a girl at the mall for a total of 3 seconds, she is totally into me.

hyuk yuk yuk

Edited by sodamntired

lets use the sales manager strategy from now on when reading chris' offerings:

"for every bad post, we're that much closer to a good post."

haha, that's what i'm talking about ;)

i'm not going to lie, i enjoy the hell out of debate. that's why i liked having ecnarf around

it would have a bunch of videos from youtube and a bunch of pictures of girls who are totally into me, cause they added me as a friend on dateanerd.com.....ooorrr all about how I maintained eye contact with a girl at the mall for a total of 3 seconds, she is totally into me.

hyuk yuk yuk

see, this is good. its just random and misplaced.